carlsonpd's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, February 13th, 2023 1:03 PM

Closed

many channels not allowed out of home

Xfinity advertised that SuperBowl 57 would be available to watch in home and on the go with Xfinity stream per the email they sent me, but the Fox network on channel 6, (Georgia location), was explicitly blocked from viewing out of home and hence I missed out on the Super Bowl. Fox is part of my package, so why am I unable to watch it out of home? Same for NBC and others. Xfinity, please do not advertise that something will be available when it clearly will not be available out of home. Definitely diminishes your credibility and makes diamond customers such as myself wonder why I pay close to $300/month for services of which are mostly blocked out of home. The Super Bowl was a big one that should have been available to all customers such as myself via Xfinity Stream since Fox is a local network? Perhaps you can fix this for next year? Shouldn't all channels in our home lineup be available away from home via Xfinity Stream? That is the intent, correct? Why are so many channels blocked from viewing out of home?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @carlsonpd thank you for reaching out to us and we are sorry to hear you missed the big game! There are certain channels like this one that are only available for in-home streaming. You can check the filter for out-of-home available channels and in the future can also check out the 'For You' section where events like these include special highlights throughout. When you log in you would also see a special destination to help find the game and watch highlights, live news and analyses.

Also, don't forget the perks of having your Xfinity ID work to sing in directly to apps like Fox to view games through their apps when out of the home!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityEva​ I suppose the question is why are some channels that are in my package not allowed to be streamed out of home via the Xfinity Stream app?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

That would depend on the agreement we have with each provider which can vary @carlsonpd. There are also some networks that prefer to stream live content exclusively on their platform as well. We always work to bring you the best content in and out of the home. Things can change as we work to enhance the programming options available to everyone. You can also visit this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-tv-streaming to learn more about live-streaming in and out of the home.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here