LadySparkles's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 12:50 PM

Closed

Log out devices remotely

I gave my password to my friend but we had a falling out and I’ve changed my password but it hasn’t logged me out of any devices. I know this because I have the app on my phone and my tablet and those have not been logged out. Ive checked all of the forums and you guys haven’t really answered anybody except to say change the password and manually log all devices out. But I cant manually do it so i need to figure out how to do it remotely. I’ve already talked to the xfinity assistant from the app and they didn’t understand what i meant. Please help.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@LadySparkles 

I had the same issue when me and my Ex split, so what I end doing a few times, I went to the awesome xfinity my account app and reset the password which changes the password for all the xfinity apps , once that done when anyone goes to log into a xfinity app, the app will recognize a new device as connected to the app and send you a text for them to enter in the code, this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password has great information on resetting your password.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ I’ve done that but unless she decides to log out which I doubt she will then she’ll stay logged in. It’s saved on her tablet and phone so you dont need to keep logging in to watch the live stream. I figured this out when I changed the password and I was still logged in on both my tablet and my phone. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@LadySparkles​ 

Unfortunately since you allowed them to have the password there is much we can do on our side,, the steps I gave will eventually work as updates will come,  my EX tried to log ono the xfinity home alarm or my account app and go the message the password or user name was incorrect

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Gotcha. Here’s to hoping there will be an update soon. 🤞

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We do update all the time so that will happen, I know it should not make them sign back into the apps that have sensitive & secure information such as the my account app 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here