T

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 3:30 PM

Limit reached

Got an error message on the Xfinity stream app on my iPhone.   Saysthat Limit Reached:: TVAPP-00249. Devices associated with this household are already playing the maximum number of concurrent video streams.  To stream a program or live tv on this device, you must stop playing on another device?

What does this mean?  I only have one x1 tv box, 1 amazon fire tv, 1 computer, 1 laptop, 1 iPad, and 1 iPhone all connected to Xfinity stream, yet I don't have all of them on all the time.  This only happens when I try to watch the local channels (CBS, ABC, and FOX).   I have at&t fiber as my current internet service provider, and this issue didn't  happen 2-3 months ago when I used Xfinity stream outside of my house.  When will this problem be fixed?

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

1 month ago

Probably tied into the issue some of us are having with CBS ABC and Fox. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

29 days ago

Hi there, timothyq868! I apologize that this is affecting you. Our engineers have identified this issue and are working to resolve it. We appreciate your patience while the team get this turned around. We will update the thread when we see it has been resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

24 days ago

timothyq868 just checking in, are you still seeing the Limit reached error on your end at this time?

1 Message

3 days ago

TVAPP-00249 Code on screen with channel list now gone

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello user_bghwkh, thank you for including that error code you're seeing on your end, that helps a lot. Before we dive into some troubleshooting steps together, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps on your end? That way we avoid any repeat steps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here