Arius1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, March 18th, 2023 6:13 PM

Closed

LG and mini guide works on some but not others

I have multiple LG TVs.  My OLED TVs have the mini guide but my nano LEDs don’t.  App version and webOS os the same.  

I feel like Xfinity isn’t investing in the stream app for TVs at all and it’s frustrating.  No easy way to contact that support group either. 

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

2 years ago

@Arius1 Hello, are you still having issues with the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TVs? Have you attempted to uninstall the app and then download that again to see if the issue would be fixed?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityJamie​ yes still having issues.  I’ve deleted on both TVs and even reset one and no change.  

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for the clarification on that, we are sad to hear that you are still having trouble. Just to be sure we are on the same page, is it just the mini guide that is not consistent with your other devices, or are you having issues outside of this? Also, are all your LG TV's the same model, or is the one with the working mini guide different from the other TV's? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ The mini guide is the only issue two TVs same model.  Models that are working are different but same model between those two. 

I do have another issue on all of them.  When watching a recorded show it randomly those up a static image like a screen saver.  Audio keeps playing and only fix is exit show and come back in.  Been about two weeks.  Completely hit or miss when this happens. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Gotcha, thanks for the additional information on that. When using the app, the functionality may slightly vary between TV manufacturers and models. It all depends on what has been tested and what is known to work. The mini guide is not necessarily an issue, but more that is compatible with one LG TV and not the other two. 

For the "screen saver" issue, that shouldn't be happening. We may need to fill out a ticket to have our teams look into this, but we will need to get some of your infromation to fill out a ticket. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Thank you, I just sent an a message now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here