M

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, November 12th, 2022 7:58 AM

Closed

Last watched list does not update

I use Xfinity Stream on 6 smart TV's, each with its own Roku Ultra. About a week ago, I started to encounter problems with the Last Watched function. When the list contains 10 channels, it essentially becomes locked. If I switch to a channel not included in the list, the new channel (call it channel X) will appear in the list but, if I then switch to another channel using either the Last Watched function, the Live TV Favorites function, or the Mini Guide function, the Last Watched list will revert to the 10 original channels and channel X will no longer appear in the list. I have removed the Xfinity Stream channel from Roku and readded it multiple times. Each readd requires me to get an authorization code from xfinity.com/authorize and, after the readd, the Last Watched list is empty. However, as soon as the list contains 10 channels, it will lock again. This is the third major problem I have reported and Xfinity has never taken action on these or any of the numerous other problems reported in this forum so I don't expect that I will receive any actual help this time but I keep holding onto some hope. Like others, I concluded that Xfinity has no intention of fixing anything in this piece of horse dung because they want to force the overpriced rental of their X1 boxes. Any chance that I get anyone with competence at Xfinity to assist me?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @mbailey555
Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums about this issue. I'm sorry to hear this has been an ongoing issue for you and I would love to collect some additional information to see if we can get this issue looked into further. Please send us a DM with your first/last name and service address so we can help. 

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityTambrey​ This is NOT an accepted answer!! 

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Last watched for me on my 2 TCL Roku TV's is not updating, I put a channel on and go to last watched and it's there but when I change to another channel and go back to last watched it's gone.  Last watched is not moving the oldest channel off the list and the most recent watched don't show up. Also I can be on a channel and when I go to the mini grid it don't show the channel that I'm on - it shows the channel I was on before the one I'm on. Both very annoying. I've searched for a while now and can't find a solution - been happening for about 4 to 5 weeks now. I have 1 Xfintiny X1 box on another TV and the mini grid and last watched work fine on that.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

FYI, I sent the requested information in a Direct Message to Xfinity. They asked me to confirm my address but have not communicated with me since that confirmation. My hope that customer service is more than two meaningless words in their department title is dimming.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@mbailey555​ Of course - I can't get an answer.. on top of last channel issue the mini grid don't update right either on channel # and go to mini grid and it still shows previous channel I was on - not all the time but i think it's related to last channel not updating and pushing out oldest channel - I've tried everything - xfinity even came to house and replaced router because they said I had a weak signal. it didn't resolve the issue. I factory reset my TV, uninstalled app re installed, changed TV provider credentials - xfinity is saying it's on TCL / Roku end. BS 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I have exact same issue.  Comcast what is solution?

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I still can't figure it out

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @imchzhd! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your last watched list. Can you please send us a DM so we can help? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@imchzhd​ - any solution? It's still the same for me, very annoying. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

When will the "last watched" bug be fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello ek8! We need to collect as much data as possible to open a ticket and have a solution found. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I put all of the information in a message to "Xfinity Support" and my name and address - I don't understand why we can't get a solution. All of the information is right here on this message board.  By the way there is no option for peer to peer private message so I have no idea what you are talking about. Can someone that knows what they are doing provide something reasonable for us to do to resolve the issue(s)? 

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

Hello @fly3rs we apologize for the delayed response regarding your concerns with the recently watched section disappearing.

Are you able to follow this path, on the X1 box, go to Settings, then Help, then System refresh, to see if any shows are brought back up?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityFelicia​ I've tried everything and yes a system refresh of course - that don't fix the issue.  It's a problem with the app. When you say "see if any shows are brought back up?" I have no idea what that means, everyone on this page has explained the issue quite clear, the Xfinity app at least for us on this page is not updating last watched, old channels are not clearing out for the new channels. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@ek8​ New update 6.10.0 came out the other day - seems like last channel and mini grid are working as expected now.  Update app - sign out and back in again. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having this recent channel lock up issue on all of my xfinity apps on my Rokus. Also seems that the last Channel menu doesn't store the last channels watched accurately any longer. Stores 10 channels then will not cycle out the oldest channels on the list once the list is filled with 10 recently watched channels.  These issues all seemed to start a couple of months ago with the last Xfinity app update. I hope they are aware of the "last Channels" list issue as well!

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@user_72fad9​ Still the same for me too - I guess it's there way to make people go back to renting boxes at 8.99 a month... I used the xfinity app beta version with roku box on older TV for a while and didn't have an issue, bought a new roku tv to replacve that and didn't have an issue, bought a second roku tv and turned in a box - couple weeks later - about 4 to 5 months ago now - same issue as you, Channels won't clear on last watched on 3 TV's now that I use the app on. So annoying. 

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@user_72fad9​ New update 6.10.0 came out the other day - seems like last channel and mini grid are working as expected now.  Update app - sign out and back in again. 

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

New update 6.10.0 came out the other day - seems like last channel and mini grid are working as expected now.  Update app - sign out and back in again. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here