soulartist28's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 6th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Keeps asking me to sign in

Safari 13.1

This annoying issue began a few weeks ago. 

If I pause a movie, then go to another website, and come back to Xfinity, it always asks me to sign in again. I've cleared the cache and cookies and signed in with texted code many times, checking off not to ask again on this browser, but that had no effect. 

Also, sometimes while watching a movie, it will suddenly stop and revert to asking me to sign in again.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, please uncheck the Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Website Tracking > Prevent cross-site tracking option to resolve this issue.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@soulartist28 wrote:

Safari 13.1

This annoying issue began a few weeks ago. 

If I pause a movie, then go to another website, and come back to Xfinity, it always asks me to sign in again. I've cleared the cache and cookies and signed in with texted code many times, checking off not to ask again on this browser, but that had no effect. 

Also, sometimes while watching a movie, it will suddenly stop and revert to asking me to sign in again.

you have an browser extenstion that is erasing your history.you can test by turning off all browser extensions then accessing the stream site. fixed?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

That suggestion seems to work. Thanks

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Spoiler
Thanks for trying. The answer below yours did work. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

That will solve it but defeats the purpose of the Safari privacy feature. Comcast should fix this because there's not reason it needs to be doing 3rd party tracking for customers logging in to their own Xfinity account.

A better solution is to select "Safari > Settings for this Website" and uncheck "Enable Content Blockers".

This will only disable the privacy feature on the xfinity.com website, not all websites you browse.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Infinity Stream on Safari Issue on MacBook Pro - This has just started happening to me the last couple of weeks.  I had not changed settings or computer etc.  I do have "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" checked and I am not willing to uncheck that becasue it seems improbable that Xfinity would require me to allow ALL websites to cross-site track me and removes an important security feature.  I DO NOT have content blockers enabled under "Setting for this Website" which I would think Xfinity would be good with rather than opening it up for all websites.  This needs to be corrected as we utilize Xfinity Stream on our computers almost daily and it has become unusable for us.  If there is another fix or if it isn't going to be workable without allowing all cross-site tracking, we need to know to make other arrangments.  Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@mann27 Hi, we are working towards addressing this issue for an upcoming release. For workaround, please either 1) uncheck Prevent cross-site tracking, or 2) try a different browser other than Safari (such as Chrome or Firefox). Let us know if issue persists. Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The issue persists.... None of that works and the terrible app is one of the many reasons I wish Xfinity weren't my only option!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having a similar issue that occurs on Edge, chrome and fire fox. When I am viewing my security cams live via xfinity home, I get frequent messages requiring me to affirm I am still there. And despite sellecting "keep me signed in" I get automaticatically sgned out on a regular basis. I am new to xfinity security but having second thoughts. The issue is really annoying.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do i get to safari?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Any updates on this, I stream xfinity on my fire tv, same issues, regularly logs me out and is extremely annoying to the point that I am looking for other options.  Do you know when this will be fixed on Fire TV (happens on Roku as well).  For example, I log into NBC app on Fire TV, Roku, etc, it logs me out regularly and makes me go through a 5 minute process to re-login.  Any help would be great on how to fix this issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

If you're concerned about online privacy then re-enable Prevent cross-site tracking and stop using Xfinity's site to watch live television. Instead, watch live television at the source website (ie: cbs.com, ESPN.com, etc.) while signed in with your Xfinity account.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue with my mac as well and I have tried the "fixes" with no prevail. It is absoutely annoying. I shouldn't have to go to a different website to watch what y'all provide. I want to use the Xfinity stream website just like I used to. I hope with all these rate increases Xfinity is imposing they can allocate some of that money to improving their steaming capabilities. Probably not but wishful thinking. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This issue is not new. It has been happening for over 1.5 years and I have called to try and resolve it and literally not one representative either knows why this is happening or how to resolve it. It’s absolutely ridiculous that it has not been addressed. 
Solution should never be to disable a privacy feature. Maybe get a team together to start tracking theses calls and look into what the pattern is allowing for a permanent resolution. 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @. Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the same issues with the app, this is not the experience we want you to have. 

If you would like further assistance, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon at the top right of the page. Thank you so much! :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Why, your agents know NOTHING. Even your highest level tech people regular people can talk to, say they don’t know how to help with this issue. All due respect, according to another employee above,  8 months ago Comcast was “working on this issue” but considering it didn’t used to be this way, you’re choosing tracking customers over customer satisfaction. Shocking. 🙄🙄

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_81afd6 I can understand your concerns and would like to assist in any way that I can to look further into the login concerns. Can you please reach out through private message (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is ridiculous!  Ive had the same issue for several months. Comcast switched out the box, which eventually led me to a number to call for support. The number was a hacker in India who told me i needed to “reregister” every 5 years. I complained to Comcast, who refused to take any responsibility. Ive had to sign in  to apps at least every week since then. Is verixon any better?  Im sick of wasting time doing comcast’s job 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_807d16, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today. We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your App, this is definitely not the experience we wish for our customers to have. Are you also using a Safari browser when this happens? If so, have you tried the steps listed earlier in this thread? (Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Website Tracking > Prevent cross-site tracking option) 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here