U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 11th, 2022 2:42 PM

Closed

Issues with playing dvr and live tv on fire stick

Recently I have been having a lot of issues playing content from both my fire tv stick as well as my fire tv when it comes to the Xfinity stream app. Other content provider apps work without issue. 

The issues are that when selecting a show from my DVR or from the TV go channels, it will take a long time to download and kickoff the process and once it finally starts to play the content, it will play for 2 seconds and then pause and act like it’s buffering. 

I am able to play the same shows from the same network in the same room on my iPhone app or my laptop using chrome. When playing content on my iPhone app, it downloads and plays without buffering in ~5 seconds. Whereas it takes a minute or so on the fire tv or stick to start trying to play the show and immediately goes into what seems to be buffer mode. 

I have ran network speed tests on both devices and they are both getting ~120 Mbps down and 16 Mbps Up. My DVR is located at a different location hence why I’m trying to use the stream app to playback content from the DVR. 

I have reinstalled the app with latest 6.20 version as well as factory reset both fire devices to see if that would help. 

Any ideas on troubleshooting or next steps for isolating why fire devices are struggling to playback content when the network doesn’t seem to be an issue?

Official Employee

• 

847 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_40ea77 and thanks for bringing your streaming concerns to our attention. We appreciate you proactively letting us know about the steps you have taken to fix this. Thanks for letting us know it's isolated to just your fire tv devices.

Which Firetv sticks are you using?

Have you had the opportunity to reboot your modem as well as the fire sticks? 

How many devices are you using as concurrent stream limits apply to Xfinity Stream devices?

Any Fire TV running Android 4 or earlier isn’t supported. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityKei​ - Hi there, thanks for the reply! I did some more troubleshooting and it seems that something with my wifi extenders were causing the issue. I removed the eeros from the equation and even though the speeds to the devices have dropped, the xfinity app does seem to be working better on both devices now. Not really sure why the eeros would cause this to have an issue with the xfinity app and not other streaming apps but it's working now so i think we can close this out.

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Glad to hear the situation was resolved! I know the download speeds have decreased, but when you play back a recorded program are you experiencing any drops/buffering?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I am seeing some buffering some but it is usually brief and acceptable. I am going to try and reintroduce eeros at some point soon to see what is causing this to happen on the eero side. Are you aware of any known interop issues with eeros and the xfinity stream app? 

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

I haven't seen any connection between eeros and the app, but I'm going to be sure and make a note of this. If we see more customers having this particular issue, there could be a larger problem that needs to be addressed. Do you have any other concerns we can look into today?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here