benlozano's profile

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

Thu, Aug 1, 2019 9:00 AM

Issues streaming USA and Bravo from their websites

I am not able to stream the following networks from their respective websites or iOS apps: USA, Bravo, Syfy, E!, Oxygen, amd Sprout. I can stream other channels just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@benlozano wrote:

I am not able to stream the following networks from their respective websites or iOS apps: USA, Bravo, Syfy, E!, Oxygen, amd Sprout. I can stream other channels just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?


this LINK shows all available networks and only sprout is not listed. Let's pick one of the allowed and try to work on it. using USA open the app, sign out of the app, delete the app. reinstall the app, and sign back in to verify your subscription. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Sure thing, let's look at USA network. When I try to stream live TV on the iOS app, I get an error that says “An Error Has Occurred. A video error has occurred. Please try again later.” What's strange is that if I switchWi-Fi off and use my cellular connection, the app streams live TV just fine. I have tried deleting and reinstalling that app but I get the same result. I have also tried reseting my iOS network settings and the app still cannot stream live TV over Wi-Fi.

 

I tried streaming from the web on my MacBook Air and had a similar experience. Nothing but a black box appears where the video should be playing when I am on Wi-Fi. If I switch from Wi-Fi to tether to my phone's cellular connection, the video plays.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@benlozano wrote:

Sure thing, let's look at USA network. When I try to stream live TV on the iOS app, I get an error that says “An Error Has Occurred. A video error has occurred. Please try again later.” What's strange is that if I switchWi-Fi off and use my cellular connection, the app streams live TV just fine. I have tried deleting and reinstalling that app but I get the same result. I have also tried reseting my iOS network settings and the app still cannot stream live TV over Wi-Fi.

 

I tried streaming from the web on my MacBook Air and had a similar experience. Nothing but a black box appears where the video should be playing when I am on Wi-Fi. If I switch from Wi-Fi to tether to my phone's cellular connection, the video plays.


you quickly narrowed down the problem. something is set in the router that is currently not compatible. would you find out what the dns primary and secondary settings are set to? is the router part of the gateway? a rental?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

2 y ago

This is on an Eero router. The Primary DNS is 75.75.75.75, secondary is 75.75.76.76

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@benlozano wrote:

This is on an Eero router. The Primary DNS is 75.75.75.75, secondary is 75.75.76.76


last check I can think of is to connect your laptop via ethernet directly to the modem. if it works ok but if not its still the router.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Connecting directly to the modem doesn't work either. I've tried taking my laptop from work and connecting through the Wi-Fi there and it doesn't work either. They only way I have been able to get these networks to stream is through tethering to my phone or using a VPN app. 

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@benlozano wrote:

Connecting directly to the modem doesn't work either. I've tried taking my laptop from work and connecting through the Wi-Fi there and it doesn't work either. They only way I have been able to get these networks to stream is through tethering to my phone or using a VPN app. 


an official Comcast employee will usually reply within 72 hours of your first post. sorry we could not figure it out together.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

9 m ago

I'm also having an issue watching USA. The audio is contently repeating itself, the audio is also several off from the video (voices don't match up with mouths).

 

I'm hard wired to the router and have power cycled the router and computer, but issue still persists. I've also cleared all cache and cookies from the web browser.

 

Any advise would be appreciated.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

9 m ago


@natethewiz wrote:

I'm also having an issue watching USA. The audio is contently repeating itself, the audio is also several off from the video (voices don't match up with mouths).

 

I'm hard wired to the router and have power cycled the router and computer, but issue still persists. I've also cleared all cache and cookies from the web browser.

 

Any advise would be appreciated.


that is an issue outside of Comcast (3rd party web site and 3rd party Streaming video). the audio and video are delivered in streams to your device and the device handles the timing. You would need to conatct USA/bravo for assistance. If i had this problem, I would try using different devices like smart phone/tablets or a chromebook etc to see if they experience the same problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

9 m ago

Thank you for that insight. I'll reach out to them. I'm sure they're going to tell me that it's xfinity's streaming service, but we'll see.

Regular Visitor

 • 

3 Messages

8 m ago

I'm having the exact same issue! Did you ever get this resolved? 

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

8 m ago


@nickingrao wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue! Did you ever get this resolved? 


see my post above for 7/30/2020

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

 • 

3 Messages

8 m ago

I'm having the same issue as BenLozano. Last update was Comcast was reaching out?

New to the Community?

Start Here