U

Monday, April 8th, 2024 2:54 AM

issue with MAC address being changed by Xfinity system causing "out of home" error in stream app

I have a Netgear CM1150v gateway/modem and use a ERRO 6E+pro mesh wifi system/router. The CM MAC keeps getting changed in the Sfinity system to the eMTS MAC address, this prevents the Stream app from working on any Roku device, on apple devices ti will work except for channels that are restricted to being on home network. I have gone through multiple attempts to fix this issues with multiple different service agents. Each time it only fixes problem for a few days. I have been able in past to reinstall my modem with the correct MAC address that would work for a few days but this is no longer working. 

5 Messages

19 days ago

still waiting for xfinity to help fix this

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

@user_7fjfup Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your network and connection. I can see how this would be extremely frustrating to watch your shows. I would be delighted to assist you in getting this ironed out. Before we dive in, aside from reinstalling your modem, have there been any other steps you have tried with previous agents?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here