U

Saturday, September 30th, 2023 12:17 AM

Closed

is there any resolution to xfinity stream on samsung tv

i just bought new samsung and having same issue with inability to change channels on xfinity stream      is there any update or fix?? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_589b70  thanks so much for reaching out. When this issue is going on, is the whole app freezing up and crashing? Are you seeing any error code or error message? What sort of troubleshooting have you already tried? Our Internet troubleshooting thread is a great beginning point for Stream App issues. 

ANSWERED: Tips for troubleshooting your Xfinity Internet connection

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

1 year ago

i just bought new samsung and having same issue with inability to change channels on xfinity stream  ...

In https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/missing-mini-guide/62db365d6f170a2f7efb365b?commentId=62dddb1c6a3f856065f6d062&replyId=62de6d416f170a2f7efb5a2e employee @XfinityEva wrote:

... Depending upon the amount of RAM in the TV (2GB or less), the MiniGuide feature was removed to improve performance and overall experience with the app. 

Unfortunately the employee did not indicate how to tell how much RAM memory a TV has.

Without the MiniGuide, to change the channel on my Samsung I have to [Return] to the first Stream screen ("Now Playing"), select "Live TV", and scroll-scroll-scroll to the channel I want to watch. "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings" are also options on that screen.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here