U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 8:21 PM

I'm getting a white screen except during commmercials???`

This is very strange.  On one of my computers, I get a white screen when I'm watching programs but it goes away during commercials!?  This only happens on one of my computers.  I'm using Chrome on both computers.  I've tried other browsers on the computer where I'm getting the white screen, and I still get the white screen.  I called Xfinity yesterday, and they couldn't resolve this.  Hopefully you can.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there, user_06aaf4, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your streaming issues. We definitely want to assist you with troubleshooting. Are you only having this issue with a specific program or channel? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks,

I'm having this on all channels. I've cleared my caches and it still happens. I've also tried other browsers - same problem.  This does not happen on other computers so there has to be something going on with my computer. 

Jim 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

That is definitely unusual, @user_06aaf4. Do you get a white screen with any other streaming content, or is it only happening with the Xfinity Stream website? If you resize the screen during playback (normal/fullscreen), in the image still white on both versions?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I can watch youtube and all the ads on xfinity/stream come through okay.  It is only happening with Xfinity Stream.  Full screen and mini screen both show white screen.  Note: I do get the audio.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, @user_06aaf4. I would like to see if our advanced support team has any insight regarding this peculiar behavior. If you could please send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

That did not help.  I had to keep my chat open for over an hour while waiting 10-15 minutes between questions and answers.  Very frustrating, but something I've come to expect from Xfinity. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here