dmegyesi71's profile

5 Messages

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 8:35 AM

I keep getting kicked out from the Xfinity Streaming app on my Apple TV 4K

Hello,

I have the latest Apple TV - 4K streaming box from Apple, and I have it connected to my Xfinity Wifi.  I am able to download the Xfinity Streaming app, but after I enter the activation code, on the www.xfinity.com/authorize page, it logs me in for 1 second and then kicks me out.  I should add that I am running the latest and greatest tvOS software on my Apple TV Box. 

I have done the following:

1) Restarted my modem

2) Restarted Apple TV

3 Deleted the app and reloaded it

I think this is an issue with the Infinity Streaming app not being compatible with Apple TV, which is unacceptable!!

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

18 days ago

I found the problem to this.  The latest Apple TV 4K (3rd generation) is not compatible with the latest version of the Xfinity Steaming app. 

---

(From the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-on-apple-tv-overview)

SUPPORTED APPLE TV DEVICES

The Xfinity Stream app works on any Apple TV device that supports tvOS version 15 or later, including:

• Apple TV 4K (2021) <---- the latest Apple TV 4K (3rd generation) is from 2022 onwards (see below)
  • Apple TV 4K (2017)
  • Apple TV HD (2015)

---

(From the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_TV)

4K (third generation)

On October 18, 2022, Apple announced an updated Apple TV 4K with the A15 Bionic chip with a 5-core CPU (one high efficiency core disabled) and 5-core GPU, reduced weight and dimensions, and support for HDR10+. It comes in two configurations, a Wi-Fi-only model with 64 GB of storage, and a more expensive 128 GB model with Wi-Fi, Ethernet and a Thread radio. The included Siri Remote charges via USB-C instead of Lightning.[52]

(edited)

1 Message

Thanks for posting this. Same issue here. Time to dump Xfinity. I had held out for awhile

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_1uwx77! We’d regret seeing you go as a result of this issue occurring on Apple TV devices. While not compatible at this time, an update will come out to fix this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Thank you for looking into this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @dmegyesi71. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to stay logged in even after going through the troubleshooting steps you shared with us. I'd like to take a closer look at your account to see what we can do to help get you logged in.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

5 Messages

3 months ago

This doesn’t help me. The Apple TV app crashed when using the Apple TV 4K and needs to get fixed. It’s as simple as that 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are glad to help in any way that we can @dmegyesi71.  Can you confirm that you are using the most up to date version of the app on the device you are streaming on?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

1 month ago

I need to know. Does the latest Xfinity Streaming App (version 1.7.0) work with the latest Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)?

It's a simple question. Please DO NOT tell me to restart my modem, or my Apple TC. These are NOT going to help. This is a software development question.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@dmegyesi71 yes your Apple device does seem to be compatible with Xfinity Stream. It's compatible with any Apple TV device that supports tvOS version 15 or later. You can confirm this answer and more information using the following article. We continue to make Xfinity Stream compatible with as many devices as possible, so we can provide the best possible streaming experience for all our customers! 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-on-apple-tv-overview

1 Message

I’m having the same problem.

When I login to the Xfinity Stream app on my Apple TV 4K 3rd generation. The app logs me in for about 1 second, then displays the following message.

”This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi.”

Then it takes me back to the sign in page.

The problem is…I am in my home on my Xfinity WiFi network!

Can you help with this?

Official Employee

• 

549 Messages

deleon_p This isn't the experience we want any customer to have. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here