Closed

I can’t stream cbs or abc

My xfinity stream app won’t let me steam cbs or abc

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_88498f

Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum 😀 You have come to the right place! I will be happy to help. Are you attempting to stream from inside your home network, or away?

For context, it is important to understand the differences between programs you can watch when using your in-home Xfinity network vs. another wireless Internet network or cellular connection. On your in-home Xfinity network you have access to your full subscription of channels, on another wireless Internet network or cellular connection you can enjoy live sports, news, and On Demand titles, but do not have access to your subscribed channels. This article will assist in getting started with the Xfinity-tv-mobile-app.

https://comca.st/3Cy27EA

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I can no longer watch the CBS live stream of Survivor on my computer and I keep getting some useless error message about having to watch it via Wifi due to a licensing issue despite the fact I pay an exorbitant Comcast bill every month to have live access to this channel which is a part of my cable package. My laptop that I am having this infuriating issue with is currently connected to my xfinity cable modem via Wifi. 

In short, I have paid to have live streaming access to this show and channel. My laptop is connected via Wifi to my local network via my xfinity modem/router and I keep getting some uselessly vague error message about how I have to watch this show using Wifi when my laptop is already connected to xfinity via Wifi. 

When seeking a solution to this problem I am directed to useless instructions on how to download the Xfinity Wifi App with no option available for a laptop. Can anyone explain to me how to gain access to this content I have paid good money to have access to? If it is now impossible to watch this content I was told would be available to me using my PC and laptop when I first discussed purchasing this cable package with the sales representative, then this would amount to a breach of contract or misrepresentation of the service I am paying for and I would like to know who I need to contact in order to remedy this rather dishonorable failure in xfinity's part.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I am sorry to hear that you keep having issues with steaming your services. Some channels are only available when connected to your home network. Have you tried to forget the network and then reconnecting your laptop to your home network?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

This seems like this is rolling blackouts because as of now on 6 October I had the same problem over in Lancaster county Pennsylvania

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here