MRWA's profile

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 2:08 AM

Closed

How to Restart a Live Program?

We recently relocated and used a streaming TV service from a local provider that allowed us to easily start live programs from the beginning, pause programs indefinitely, and navigate backwards.

Can we do this with Xfinity Stream?

I have searched and find articles suggesting we press "info" and may find the option to start from beginning.  We tried this and do not see the option.

I found another article claiming we may need "DVR Service".

We are using Xfinity as our internet provider and streaming to the Xfinity app on a Firestick.

I tried using the Xfinity app on our LG smart tv and it did not have any more features.

I called Xfinity support and was told I needed a "wireless box" to get these features.  So I went to an Xfinity store and was told they were a "partner store" and had no wireless boxes.  They suggested I go to a corporate store...

So I went to a "corporate" store and was told what I want is not possible.  The sales/support rep was rude and acted like I should know that "starting from the beginning" of a live program was impossible and would "mess up all the programming".  I'm not making this up.  Really?

I feel any digital stream is buffered and/or archived somewhere so enabling these features should not be rocket science.

What am I missing?

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

1 year ago

@MRWA Unfortunately, the Stream app does not support these features. You cannot start live programs from the beginning, pause programs, or navigate backwards. Xfinity only supports those features if you pay for a cable TV subscription and have an X1 DVR cable box. 

Otherwise, you could subscribe to YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, or DIRECTV Stream. They all support those features.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Thank you for knowing and providing a clear answer!

Xfinity offers a good value for us and the internet performance meets our needs.  The alternative streaming services have programming gaps that make them less attractive, with exception of DIRECTTV.  Unfortunately, they require a 2-yr. contract that we will not accept.

I will look into the X1 option and see if we can make that work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here