SpencerPJ's profile

Contributor

• 

147 Messages

Sunday, October 29th, 2023 6:10 PM

Closed

How to modify team reminders

Is there a way to modify a team reminder? I do not want the first option on the NFL teams I get notified to be 'internet' , I do not subscribe to YouTube paid service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@SpencerPJ, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Here is a link that may help you modify your team reminders. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-program-reminders. Let me know if you still need assistance. 

Contributor

• 

147 Messages

Thank you for reaching out. I think your link is the same as what I found that led me to the forums.  My issue I can not figure out is, Lets say I have xyz sports team set as a reminder.  Whenever xyz plays a game, a reminder pops up on my tv and asks if I want to turn to the game.  It will have options, as in how I want to watch.  The default always is internet (that leads to youtube that I am not a customer of). Can I make the default be to a channel with Comcast I am subscribed to? Kinda silly to have a pop up and send me to a platform I am not a member of.  Appreciate your help.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@SpencerPJ, I completely understand your question, and even get your frustration. I was checking to see if there is a way to filter those settings for only channels or platforms that we have, but there is no way to do that at this time. Even though it can be frustrating, it can also be a good thing. In our case, we wanted to see a game that was not on a channel we were subscribed to, but we were able to get a 7-day free trial on the app it was available on, so we didn't miss the game. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

This isn't a very good answer.  I have the same issue with NHL Center Ice.  This season the reminders (that really have appreciated in the past) now send me to ESPN+ instead of the dedicated channels or my local broadcast channel if it is for the Kraken.  I don't have ESPN+ nor do I want to go thru the hassle of watching on an app.

How do we request enhancements to your current offering?

(edited)

Same issue here…

Xfinity has had the same type of “known issue” for years with no progress whatsoever.

It used to be that their DVR would consistently record the national broadcasts of our favorite teams, instead of the local broadcast, even though the national broadcast was blacked out locally. 

Now, Xfinity reminders suggest we watch our favorite teams on different platforms, rather than actually using the Xfinity services we are so heavily charged for… 

@Xfinity Support feel free to let us know when this becomes a priority. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here