rongaddy's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 6th, 2021 3:25 AM

Closed

Great Courses

I cannot find information on how to use my Great Courses account I started on Xfinity . . . using my PC.  The one answer I got from my previous post doesn't work and doesn't answer my question.  The only way I've been able to access Great Courses is to use the voice feature on my Xfinity remote and watch it on my TV.  Surely there is another way to get to the courses.

If I try to access great courses on their website I have no idea how to use my Xfinity Great Courses account to sign in to the great courses website.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through the forums. Are you using the free preview option for the Great Courses? If so this is an on Demand feature and is available through streaming on your X1 or Xfinity Flex device. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

"this is an on Demand feature and is available through streaming on your X1 or Xfinity Flex device. "

I have an X1 TV box.   How do I access The Great Courses using the remote keys or buttons?  I cannot find anything about this on xfinity help, or online.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

you are not paying for the Great Courses plan then you wouldn't be able to use their website, if you are just using the free preview then it is done on your box by saying great courses into your voice remote to bring up the menu. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I AM an Xfinity on demand user.  I DO pay for the subscription but this DOES NOT WORK.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have same problem and have been on help chat no fewer than 8 times.  NOTHING Xfinity has said has helped.  The last chat person said "Smithsonian Channel not available on streaming" which is a TOTAL misunderstanding of the problem.  I was told to log into the Smithsonian website directly, but that does not work either.  They want brand new subscription.

If anyone finds an answer, please post.

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

Hello everyone! "The Great Courses Signature Collection" is separate from the streaming service. You do not get access to the streaming service with your subscription through Xfinity. Additionally, the streaming platform is not available on Xfinity at this time.

The Smithsonian Channel has additional content available through the Paramount+ Streaming service. 

You can always stream your Xfinity content through the Xfinity Stream app and xfinity.com/stream

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

If you do not get access through XFinity Streaming then why am I being charged $7.99/mo on my bill each month, even after I tried to remove this several months ago on my XFinity box?   I also cannot find anywhere on the website to remove this channel so I am no longer being charged.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Thanks for posting your question, j_barry. If you're being charged $7.99 per month, that means that you have subscribed to an added service. If this is something you would like removed, please send us a DM with your name and address and we can help you carry out that change. 

To send a direct message chat:
First ~ ensure you are signed in. You will then see a chat icon toward the upper right corner of your page. Click that icon or follow this link: Xfinity Support DM.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Regarding content of The Great Courses. 
I was watching the series about World War II.

I believe it was called, “The Strategies of Hitler’s War” (I tried looking for it on the Great Courses platform and can’t find it now to get the correct name).  I was so disgusted by the professor saying this : ”the Jews were dumped…..” and other insensitive references to the Holocaust. How can he get by with saying such horrific things regarding them?  Did not anyone check his verbiage before he presented this course.   Did he “check” himself?   It made my stomach sick and knowing that Xfinity could allow such a man to present that content is unforgivable in my mind. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here