Sunday, November 19th, 2023 4:38 AM

Closed

Frozen on Purchases

I cannot stream on Xfinity Steam

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you so much for your post for help on your Xfinity stream app being stuck on Purchases. I would be more than happy to help! To start what type of device are you using when encountering this error? Also, if you are using the Xfinity stream portal what browser are you using?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ 

Thsnk you for responding.

We just replaced our Xfinity modem, got rid of cable and home phones.

I have the Xfinity Gateway modem for internet, Xfinity Flex and NOW for access to Xfinity Stream on a Samsung TV. Everything is working fine on one TV.

I am unable to maneuver the Xfinity Stream app on any of my smart Roku TVs or on an older TV with Roku sticks. I went all ROKU throughout the home for TVs because that was the preference of Comcast support for our Xfinity cable.  

I am able to successfully load and activate the Xfity Stream on all my ROKU YVs and devices, but when it opens it goes to Purchases and is frozen on purchases.  These are old purchases from our cable account.

I have removed the internet and reconnected; deleted app and reinstalled it etc etc and nothing gets us beyond a frozen purchases page. I even bought an extra FLEX box for a TCL ROKU tv but it did not make a difference, still frozen.

thsnk uou

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Thank you for that information, @user_12c0bd! Does the Roku load into this purchase page when you first start the streaming app, or does it load to an overall live screen that gives you the options for live TV, and browsing? Have you by chance gone into the system menu of the Roku and done a software update to make sure everything is up-to-date on the Roku? (Settings > System > Software update, then system restart when it's done)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

Purchases. 

purchases of tv series and movies from when we had cable. Nothing is from streaming.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey @user_12c0bd. Are you logging into the app with the same ID, or are they all using different ID's of some kind to log into the app on each Roku in the home that are running into this issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here