lauren1018's profile

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 1:45 PM

Closed

Forgot Purchase PIN on laptop

I have a purchase PIN enabled on my laptop and I don't remember what it is.  I've tried resetting Parental Controls,  but it doesn't seem to work.  I go back into the Purchase PIN and it's still enabled.  Now I'm locked out for 60 minutes.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your purchase PIN. We are glad we were able to help resolve your issue. Please sever hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs.

Problem Solver

• 

500 Messages

1 year ago

This article will help you with resetting your PIN.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-manage-tv-settings-online

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

I've tried this and it still shows that the purchase PIN is on after resetting Parental Controls.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

This article will help you with resetting your PIN ...

What that article doesn't say is that you must enter the Purchase PIN to change or remove the Purchase PIN.

It pretty much has to work that way, doesn't it?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

1 year ago

When I click on Purchase PIN, it shows as already enabled.  So, I've tried clicking on Change Purchase PIN.  I put in what I think it would be, and I'm told it's wrong.  After 5 attempts, I'm locked out for an hour.  If I try to go to Parental Controls, they are not on.  So, I put a PIN it to turn them on and reset Parental Controls.  This does not reset the Purchase PIN.  I'm at a loss here as I've tried to do this multiple times.  

1 Message

You have to get a whole new box because they can’t reset it if you don’t remember it and I’ve had the privilege of getting the runaround for 72 hours for someone to finally tell me that

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @lauren1018! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on Forums. We appreciate you being a customer with us, and I am sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing when trying to reset your purchase pin. My team is here to help and would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this with you. 

I see you already sent us a direct message, and we will continue to work with you there. Please also note that sending unsolicited direct messages is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast-verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads-up for future reference, but I look forward to further assisting you. 

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you @XfinityAmira .  Noted.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here