U

Monday, April 29th, 2024 11:14 PM

Fluctuating volume on Xfinity stream

When I use my iPad on my home network to view xfinity stream, the volume goes up by itself. No matter how many times I turn it down ((or mute it!), the volume still increases on its own. It is not the fault of the iPad case. Why does this keep happening?

Problem Solver

• 

532 Messages

20 days ago

Try deleting the app, then restart your iPad, then re-install from app store.

This fix has helped many. Good luck.

7 Messages

@MikeB39A​ thanks for the suggestion. I tried this today and it didn’t work

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

19 days ago

Hi there, user_5k9568! I apologize that the volume is giving you hassles. We don't want that and are happy to help. @MikeB39A provided some great troubleshooting steps. Have you been able to try those? 

7 Messages

@XfinityRay​  hi, I tried this suggestion and it didn’t work

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for trying those steps, @user_5k9568! I have a couple of questions for you. Is this issue happening on the Live TV channels, when you watch an On Demand program, or both? Are you connected to your home WiFi when watching? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I am watching live TV  (MASN), haven’t tried on demand. Using my home network

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I appreciate all the information, user_5k9568. Have you noticed this on any other TV channels or just on MASN? Is your iPad software up to date? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I only watch MASN using my iPad. And to be clear, I will turn down the iPad volume and it will go back up by itself. Sometimes it will not let me turn it down. Even if I mute it, the volume will come back. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here