Chris55812's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 2:00 PM

Closed

ESPN3.com / WatchESPN - Why can't this ever work properly?

Trying to access ESPN's online streaming product through Comcast/Xfinity has become absolutely infuriating.

Why is it that Comcast/Xfinity can't seem to get the ESPN3.com or WatchESPN to set up properly or consistently?

Please note, WatchESPN is touted as a feature of Comcast/Xfinity.  After months of not being available... recently, it was announced that it was.

It works through the mobile app, but not on the desktop... which makes no sense.

When you go to ESPN3.com, you are redirected now to WatchESPN.

When you attempt to watch a program, you are asked to identify your cable service provider.

Comcast is not among the options.

Selecting "Not Found", you are asked to enter your zip code and pick from a list of cable providers.

Only then is Comcast shown.

BUT... ESPN then directs you to log in directly through Comcast/Xfinity

So, you go do that, and the only connection you get when you click on ESPN3.com through Comcast/Xfinity's page is a blog listing of the schedule.  

There is no apparent way to access ESPN3.com through Comcast... DESPITE THE FACT THAT'S WHAT ESPN'S OWN PAGE INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO.

There are direct links to ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU but clicking on ESPN3.com only takes you to a schedule listing... with no way to access ESPN3.com.

The process to get to, and the availabilty of, ESPN's online products on Comcast/Xfinity has changed seemingly month-tomonth over the last couple years.

...that's despite their constant advertising that it's available.

This is infuriating.

Anyone with Comcast care to comment or assist... for a change?

Am I missing something?

Help, for once?

(Note: I tried to post screenshots of each step along the way, but this interface won't let me.  Yet another technical disaster brought to you by Comcast/Xfinity).

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

jabberer, were you previously having an issue?  are you on a Comcast internet connection?

thanks,

Eric

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, but from the information you provided it says that you are not logging in with your primary account.  Can you try logging in with the primary account associated with your Comcast account to see if that makes a difference?

thanks.

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

ok, thanks for trying.  We're looking into it.  I'll let you know what we find out.

4 Messages

12 years ago

Just did so.  No luck.  Still no Comcast among provider list.  I get the exact same thing that post 14 above got

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

jabberer, thanks for your response.  Glad to hear its working for you!

Can the other customers that are still having issues please verify that you're using the primary account?  Also, please log out first, clear your browsers cache and restart your browser before trying again with the primary account.

thanks!

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

mpf and any other customers still having problems accessing ESPN3,

I've been told now that it shouldn't make a difference whether or not you're using the primary account.  I just wanted to make sure I eliminated that as a possible cause, so thanks for trying.  The issue appears to be on the ESPN so side, so the most effective way to resolve this may be for you to contact their Customer Support line at 888-549-ESPN so they can troubleshoot your issue directly.

If you'd prefer not to call, please answer these questions and I'll pass iton to ESPN:

• What are the exact step by step sequence of events including where you clicked and you see?
  • Are you already logged in?  If so, do you have a Comcast logo in the top right corner of the ESPN index page?

thanks,

Eric

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having the same difficulties as everyone else.  Either no popup at all on ESPN3, or Comcast isn't listed.  Tried clearing cache, etc.  

But firestoneberr sequence above worked like a champ.  Don't know why, but it did.  Thanks, firestoneberr

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I am having the same problem as everyone else. Remote access to ESPN3 does not work. There is no option to select Comcast from the dropdown list. I've tried everything and it won't work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same problem as everyone as well. I can log in from home, but not remotely. This is very annoying. Yet another comcast problem. Seriously about to switch to dish. Not only do I have to deal with this, they change my bill pricing EVERY month. Iv'e never seen a company try and squeeze every single dollar out of their customers like comcast.....maybe pepco as well.

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

Please see my email above if you're having issues with ESPN3.  ESPN believes this issue is on their side, so they've suggested for customers to contact their Customer Support line at 888-549-ESPN so they can troubleshoot the issue directly.

If you'd prefer not to call, please answer these questions and I'll pass it on to ESPN:

• What are the exact step by step sequence of events including where you clicked and you see?
  • Are you already logged in?  If so, do you have a Comcast logo in the top right corner of the ESPN index page?

thanks,

Eric

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

rossluzzz, thanks for the details about the issue.  I've forwarded on to ESPN and they're looking into it.  I'll let you know when I hear back.

Eric

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I go to http://xfinity.comcast.net/ and sign in with my primary account: *******@comcast.net

Once signed in it brings me back to the xfinity home page where there is a search bar. I type in "watch espn3" and press enter. It brings a results page where there is a link to http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3  I click on that link and it brings me to the ESPN3 page. I sign in on that page. Once logged in I try to click on either "Watch Now" or "Remote Access". Clicking on either one of those pops up a window that says:

Get Remote Access to WatchESPN

In order to access WatchESPN, you must receive your Internet service or, in some instances, your television service through one of the providers listed below.

Your current network falls outside of these categories. Please select your provider from the list. If you can't find your provider, select "Not Found" at the bottom.

There is a drop down box with a list of about 300 service providers, but Comcast IS NOT ON THE LIST, so there is no option to choose Comcast. I think this is part of the problem, there is no option to select Comcast. When you select the "Not Found" option it gives this message:

"Switch to an WatchESPN affiliated internet service provider or to contact your internet service provider and request WatchESPN. Click here to enter your ZIP code and find out which providers in your area carry offer WatchESPN"

So it suggests to switch to a WatchESPN affilitated ISP, but Comcast IS a WatchESPN affilitated ISP!

When you click on the "Click here to enter your ZIP code and find out which providers in your area carry offer WatchESPN" you are taken to a window where you can enter in your zip. I enter in my zip code and select Comcast as my provider. Then this funny messages comes up: "Great News--with Comcast you can watch live sports on ESPN3.com"

Yes I am already logged in, no I do not see a Comcast logo

I will also add that ESPN3 works perfectly at home through my Xbox, computer, and Ipad when I am on my Comcast internet at my house. It doesn't work when I am at my friend's house, work, hotel room, restraunt, or anywhere else I've tried.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

It's working yay! Thank you for quickly relaying the information to ESPN and helping fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

ESPN already reached back out to let me know what they believe they've fixed the issue based on rossluzzz's feedback.  Can everyone please try accessing ESPN3 again and let me know if the issue is resolved?

thanks,

Eric

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

That's great!  Glad its working now and sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here