U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, February 12th, 2022 3:53 AM

Closed

ESPN App constantly gives me error saying "this network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service"

Is anyone else having issues when they log into their ESPN app with Xfinity credentials? Every time I have to call customer support and spend hours trying to get it sorted out. I have had Xfinity for about a year now and this has happened 7-8 times.

The most recent time an off-shore customer service rep told me that I do not have access to the ESPN app and I can only watch it from my cable box (again not true). I processed to ask for a supervisor, which was declined multiple times. Finally was told a supervisor was available "immediately", proceeded to sit on hold for an hour until the line disconnected. I can with certainty say that with ATT i had never had a problem with my ESPN app for the 4 previous years. When my Xfinity contract is up I will be switching back!

Problem Solver

• 

447 Messages

2 years ago

What device are you trying to use the app on? Have you tried removing the app, reboot device, reinstall app and re-authorize with Xfinity? Did you make any recent changes to your cable TV package?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ literally have deleted and tried re-installing multiple times. It will work for a month, then go out and I have to try to work with xfinity to get it to work… once again, it’s Super Bowl Sunday and it’s not working. Shocker. These people are the absolute worst. Asked xfinity to re-authorize the streaming provisions and they have no idea what I’m talking about…

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_8ad7f1, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums and for verifying those steps you've already taken. This is far from the experience we want you to have, especially on the day of the big game. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I have sent a Private message as requested.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ this was useless. The person in the "private message" was essentially a Bot and had repeated everything the off-shore technical support person had said and unable to troubleshoot. Xfinity GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT IT AGAIN!

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Thank you for sending us a Private Message. I am working with you now. We will get this resolved for you ASAP. This is a great resource for ESPN with Xfinity. We will continue in private, thank you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue. It started last week when I returned from the UK. I'm unable to stream ESPN because when I try to authenticate, I get this message, "This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service."

It is included in our service plan, and I've had no problems the last 3+ years. It is giving the same message whenever I try to stream on my Chromecast, iPad, and Pixel 6 Pro. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_748907 - You've reached the right team for help! Could you please send our team a message with your full name and full address? We can work together to review your account and subscription and provide a resolutoin.
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here