U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 10:54 PM

Error TVAPP-00502

I'm trying to watch live TV on my Macbook Pro and the site at (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings) doesn't load the guide for me and instead I get an error message:

Something went wrong.

Your guide isn't loading right now. Please wait a few moments, then try again.

(Error TVAPP-00502)

I used to be able watch live TV regularly, however have been getting this error message for several months now. The guide doesn't load and can't watch live TV on my iPad either.
The only Xfinity service I have is legacy cable (no internet, no mobile); I have fiber from a third party provider. This has been happening for a several months. I've seen lots of forum messages about this, but no resolution. Was hoping there might be one since customer service is unable to help.

4 Messages

12 days ago

I just spoke w/technical support and he stated that I can’t stream the TV services I’m paying for online because I don’t have Xfinity internet service. Who from Xfinity can confirm that please?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_cwu15e Thanks for posting on our Community forums. I'm sorry to hear the Xfinity Streaming Website is not working. You should be able to stream with your Mac Book device. Are you experiencing the same error on any other device? Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies or a different browser? Is your MacBook up to date with the latest iOS? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Hi and thank you for responding.

My MacBook Pro in the latest OS (Sonoma 14.5)

I've tried to access the Xfinity streaming website in the following browsers: Safari (v17.5), DuckDuckGo (v1.94.0), Firefox (v128.0), and Chrome (v126.0.6478.62).

For purposes of determining the source of this problem, however, installed a new and fresh version of Chrome since I normally don't use that browser, so there were no cookies or cache to delete.

I logged into the web portal, accepted all cookies, and received the same error code (Error TVAPP-00502).

Official Employee

• 

752 Messages

Perfect, I appreciate you going through those steps. Do you have another device that you could test on as well? Just to help narrow down any possibilities and get to the route of the issue.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Yes, I also tried with my work laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 running Windows 10 Enterprise v22H2. I used a freshly downloaded Chrome browser with no history, cache, or cookies, and received the same error message (TVAPP-00502).  

I strongly suspect that Comcast is not allowing customers to view live TV on the internet unless they're using Comcast's internet service.  I need you to confirm this please. 

If it's true, then I'll be cancelling my 20-year service and moving over to DirecTV.

I appreciate your resolving this please.

Official Employee

• 

752 Messages

We can certainly dig deeper into this for you. We may want to run some tests on the account level, and would ask if you would please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? That way we are discussing the account in private and not providing your information in a public setting.

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

4 days ago

I have the same problem and would like an answer. There is an outage in my area going on 3 days now. Cant get a live rep on the phone, as it diverts my call to automated system telling me I have an outage and then hangs up. I've been a customer for 25 years and this now a days, is really poor customer service.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello user_92np4s, thank you for already trying some of those self-service options and calling in, I can only imagine what you've been going through. Thanks for making us part of your home the last 25+ years 🙌, that's an impressive run together. Our techs in the field do their best to restore service as fast as possible, and do update our Status Center with an accurate estimation of a restoration time. When there are times without an estimated restoration, it could mean that there are more extensive repairs that are preventing a time from being set. Have you had a chance to check if there's an active Xfinity Hotspot you can connect to? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here