D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 8:30 AM

Closed

Error: TVAPP-00331 still happening years later

Multiple years of this same issue on this forum. You said it's because it's in beta still. It's been in beta for years....doesn't sound like there's any plans to fix anything. You said the app is a free service. But you have to pay for Xfinity to use it...that's not free. And you keep wanting people direct message you about this issue. That doesn't help the rest of us. We come to these forums to find answers. Maybe it's time to just admit it's not going to be fixed, the app is what it is, and we just have to deal with it? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

And please don't tell me to delete the app and reinstall. I've done it multiple times. It does nothing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @DoubleD33! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. We do require you to be a Comcast customer to access our applications and at least a cable customer to use our Xfinity Stream App. Please check out these links for more information:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

On the other hand, If you disconnect all of your Xfinity services, you can continue to watch purchased titles only, using the Xfinity Stream portal (xfinity.com/stream) and the Xfinity Stream app. You'll need your primary Xfinity ID and password to access your purchases online or to add a mobile device. (Secondary Xfinity IDs will no longer work.)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This happens to me about once a month, usually towards the end of a show or movie, which is very frustrating! Being able to watch recorded shows is the only reason I pay for Xfinity Stream, and it may not be worth the hassle anymore.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I think I found a solution to this issue. It has to do with the DVR set top box. I had a service outage for several days (thanks Comcast), and all of my recordings that happened during the outage played fine on the Stream app, which has had issues for years. So I disconnected my set top box, and all the recordings since then play ok. Old recordings still don’t work. 

This is likely a compatibility issue between the encoding that takes place on the STB and their app’s video codec (it seems to be triggered by changes in format when program switches to commercial, etc)

I have a very old Arris DVR, it is possible that replacing it might solve the problem. 

Another solution might be to nationalize Comcast and send all the executives to prison. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Please let us know if your issue is resolved once you swap your DvR. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here