hellaje's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, March 11th, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

(Error TVAPP-00170)

Everytime I try and sign on, using both Safari and Chrome, "(Error TVAPP-00170)" pops up. Regular TV services working fine but cant sign on to stream from my computer.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I FINALLY got it! After calling, and having someone come to the house, and both attempts ending up fruitless. Left with no other answers, i randomly decided to tweet xfinity/comcast with my frustrations. Luckily, one of the accounts i tweeted was @ComcastCares and I immediately was contacted by someone who tried to help communicating through direct message. When that didnt work, an Agent from Advanced Care called me and could not have been better. Her name was Ve and it was her first day and I told her i'd give her a shoutout for being so awesome! (Salamat Po Ve! Mahal Kita!)

Anyways... Error TVAPP-00170 happens because the account has signed in too many times! I had 500 accounts logged in at the same time!! So at first I thought that someone in my household gave out the password and it spread and now my entire neighborhood was watching it, but its not that sinister. Every time I restarted my browser, it was keeping that one previous sign in, logged in. I was accumulating account log ins everytime! Advice if this happens to you, tweet @comcastcares and somehow get in touch with the advanced care department and tell them to wipe out the active accounts. It was so easy and now i'm so much less frustrated.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I'm so happy I found your comment and did as you suggested.  I had this problem for over 3 weeks and today, after speaking with Twitter and escalating the problem to ACD the problem is fixed the same as yours.  Thank you again

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@hellaje wrote:

Everytime I try and sign on, using both Safari and Chrome, "(Error TVAPP-00170)" pops up. Regular TV services working fine but cant sign on to stream from my computer.

what is the PC's operating system and version?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here. Xfinity streaming not working with Chrome or Safari on MacoS Catalina (10.15.7). Streaming works fine on ios devices (iPhone, iPad), and TV. problem started yesterday. What has changed????

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Using my Mac Mojave 10.14.6. It does the same thing for both Safari and Chrome. Just started yesterday out of the blue and is still occuring. I called Comcast and they said it was because of a physical problem on my modem... But other computers in the house are able to view it and log on just fine. I dont think thats the issue... Theyre sending someone out tomorrow morning so i'll update here if its able to be fixed by them

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Ya... My wife has the exact same laptop as me and hers works just fine. I think its definitely on the Xfinity side of things.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Good luck ... I think something changed in software, either on Apple's or Comcasts's side ...  since streaming works (for me) on iOS devices, I agree it seems unlikely this is a modem issue. But let me know if they fixed it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I started having the same issue yesterday. Called comcast for assistance they were of no help. The app works on my tablet and other devices. Not able to stream from my computer.

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

Sorry, we've run into a problem.

The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account.
When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready?

(Error TVAPP-00170)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

To user_eeb165:

Had the same experience with Comcast support - basically they were clueless - spent an hour or more in a chat and eventually they just issued me a trouble ticket.

Out of curiosity, what system are you using? - mine is an iMac 2020 running Catalina (10.15.7). I've tried on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari with exactly the same error you have.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Hellaje,

Very illuminating - based on your experience, I signed out of my iphone and iPad stream apps, and then cleared all the cookies and caches from my xfinity browser on my iMac. At that point, things began working again. It still seems like a bug in their software that, when a browser is closed, the account login still is kept as active. This seems like a simple fix for Comcast to do, but apparently they have left it up to the customer to figure it out .....

In any case, thanks for posting !

xbob

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

No worries! They said that it is indeed a problem on their end and are forwarding it up to fix ASAP. Glad we figured it out for everybody thats having this problem or was about to have it in the future.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Call Xfinity; Level 1 tech support doesn't know how to fix; you need someone from the advanced Repair Group- ask them to escalate the issue.

I'm currently waiting for them to call me back- Level 1 said it would be within an hour ..lol

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This happened to me twice in the last three weeks.  Evidently every time someone in the account logged out, Comcast failed to close out the video stream session.  Comcast Advanced Repair agreed that it should not be happening at all, and referred the problem to the engineers for a more permanent solution.  In the meantime, she did the following:

Logged out all streaming devices (this included all those "phantom" video sessions that didn't close down when I logged out previously).
Refreshed all the account info.

I'm up and running now.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Just happened to me again - tried clearing caches and cookies, restarting browser - still a problem !!! Was working OK for a few days ... but the problem has re-occured ... this is very frustrating !!!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

@xbob , Call them and ask to be connected with their "Advanced Support Team. From what I understood, it has to be cleared on their end. The stored log ins arent on your computer or browser but on the Xfinity account itself.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Say you need to speak to the "Advanced Repair Team."  Then tell the ART representative to:

1) Log out all your streaming devices.
2) Refresh all your account info.

That's what they did for me, and so far so good.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks - eventually got through about a week or two ago and they logged me out - claimed I had 6 devices logged in, which is hard to do, since I only have a maximum of 3 - so far this seems to have cured the problem, but there was clearly a bug in their software (perhaps now fixed) which kept multiple logins on the same device, or saw devices as logged in when ostensibly logged out (as far as the customer could see).

We'll see how long this lasts...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here