whiskeygolf's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 15th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Emergency Alert Keeps Playing

So I'm on my.xfinity watching live TV from my computer and the emergency alert keeps playing for the Amber Alert that ended hours ago in the successful location of the child. Why is this alert playing every minute!?!? I restarted browser still playing, isn't playing on my regular TV, just the internet live TV stream.

Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@whiskeygolf wrote:

So I'm on my.xfinity watching live TV from my computer and the emergency alert keeps playing for the Amber Alert that ended hours ago in the successful location of the child. Why is this alert playing every minute!?!? I restarted browser still playing, isn't playing on my regular TV, just the internet live TV stream.

Thanks.

you posted in the stream web site area. did you try changing to a different browser? the government authority that makes the broadcasts has to properly end their notice or the server keeps the 'channel' open. the authority also can set a flag for continuous repeated loops of the broadcast and can forget to end the broadcast. After some time, you can test by using a different browser.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

This started yesterday, and today it repeats.

I am getting all TV service interrupted and disabled for about 5 minutes, while the same Amber Alert is repeated three times, each time with a different last word each seeming to indicate a different "channel" or geographical location. Not only that, but the audio breaks off in th middle of the message, so it does not even identify the wanted person. Then, hours later, the whole process repeats, as the alert is cancelled. Another 5 minutes of interrupted servce, with repeats of the same message.

This has gotten out of hand.

Why on God's earth can't Comcast post these alerts ONCE, and by a banner at the bottom of the screen, like the tornado alerts, so the programming is not completely interrupted?

Something has to be done about this.

COMCAST? What kind of a technology company are you, if you can't fix this?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is happening to us too, both yesterday and today. So far don't have a solution. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

Comcast has nothing to 'do' they maintain servers that the government bodies access to send the messages. the gov entity checks of parameters and if they do it 'wrong' then you get these problems. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here