JazzV3's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, February 9th, 2024 2:25 AM

DVR Not Recording

Is there a back end problem with Xfinity DVR Service?  Today, none of the schedule recordings are processing even though I can see series recording settings in the Xfinity Stream App.  There are multiple recordings scheduled daily and the Stream App is showing a message "No recordings scheduled for the next 14 days".   I attempted to troubleshoot using the Xfinity Assistant.  I was able to see scheduled recordings when I chose the device to troubleshoot, but then worked down to a message that said "a back end problem may have caused this program not to record" or something similar. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same issue here in Philadelphia 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_63b5w1 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'd love to be able to see how we can assist you. Can you please provide more details about what you are experiencing? Are you trying to set recordings on the physical DVR box, one of the secondary X1 boxes or via the Stream app? Can you let me know what errors, if any, that you are receiving? If this is happening on the Stream app, what kind of device are you using the Stream app on? The more information you provide the better we will be able to assist.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm in Philadelphia too.  I spoke with Xfinity last night and did a bunch of troubleshooting to no avail with first level support.  It was escalated and I spoke with second level this morning.  Was told there is a national outage and they are working on fixing the issue.  CR129598060 is the outage ticket number.  If you call in, they will create a ticket and attach to the outage ticket number so you can be notified when the issue is fixed.

29 Messages

Having the same issue.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

user_4c21d8 Thanks for commenting. Could you provide any steps you've already taken or more detail on what you are experiencing?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I’m also having the same issue in Cheltenham. I haven’t been able to see what I’ve recorded since last evening.  

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Still no resolution here.  Tried an system reset from the customer service line.  That didn't solve anything.

Currently on the phone with  2nd level customer service again. They said that ticket # noted above had been resolved.

Attempting a remote DVR Synch.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi there, @JazzV3 Thank you for reaching out to us! I do see that you were speaking with our technical support team, were they able to get you taken care of?-Richard

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good afternoon @Rena2. We apologize you have been experiencing issues with missing recordings. To confirm, is your issue still occurring? If so, may I ask what troubleshooting steps you have tried for example, have you tried restarting your box? 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Looks like it's now resolved here in Philadelphia.  Support was not very helpful, trying to blame it on DVR being full.  Scheduled programs are now showing for us again.

1 Message

4 months ago

Our DVR has not recorded for several days…calling and speaking to a rep was not help…they sent a service person and that was no help…issued a tix number…Comcast is not being very forthright in telling us what is going on and how the problem can and will be resolved.

4 Messages

Ours came back on its own today (2/10). Comcast agent was supposed to call me yesterday, but never did. (surprise)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_pwv9fx, I do a ton of recording, so I can understand why this is important to you. I'd love to work with you more on this. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, are you able to view a particular impacted recording? Is this happening on all of your cable boxes? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good evening @user_mzrxu4, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We are aware of a DVR issue affecting some customers. To confirm, are you still missing DVR recordings? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here