U

Friday, September 1st, 2023 1:59 AM

Closed

Connect to Home Wi-Fi

I'm connected to my home wi-fi (Verizon), but I keep getting error messages that I can't get channels (local CBS, FOX, BTN, SEC) because streaming tells me that I need to "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch."

Official Employee

• 

913 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Digital Care team. You have reached the Xfinity experts who can certainly assist you with your video access concerns, @user_811dc2. Are you attempting to access these channels using your video box or through the Xfinity stream app on another device such as a smartphone?

5 Messages

I do not accept this solution. This is a total money grab by Comcast.

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ unacceptable. I reject this solution. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_811dc2. I am sorry you feel this way. I did read your main post and I see that you are having troubles with streaming local channels. Now there are some restrictions while using our Xfinity Streaming App. Some networks can only be streamed while being connected to your home Xfinity Internet service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

This is a total scam XfinityRoberto.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

1 year ago

I'm connected to my home wi-fi (Verizon) ...

When Comcast/Xfinity says "Connect to in-home WiFi" what they really mean is "Connect to in-home Comcast/Xfinity WiFi". The stream app won't provide your full channel lineup when used with another ISP's Wifi.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

5 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah, I kind of thought that was happening. Seems like a total scam.  And their help feature is as useless as their troubleshooting. 

1 Message

11 months ago

I agree. This is a money grab and a total scam. I imagine Xfinity will be losing lots of customers over this.  I'm looking for another provider now. I don't have a tv, per se, and the only way I can get my news, etc is through streaming. 

As if Xfinity didn't charge enough already. I pay as much for Xfinity as I pay for food. I wonder which will be the first to go :)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here