Cgrams's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 27th, 2023 11:17 PM

Closed

Confused about internet streaming

I want to cancel my cable tv subscription and just keep my internet connection. Have a Samsung smart tv w/ fire stick setup. Can I watch "Prime Video" shows or buy a hulu subscription etc. to watch tv without a tv box? I need to cut the cord. Its gotten too expensive for me. 

It may be a dumb question but I'm not very internet savy. Thanks for any info you can help me with. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Cgrams As long as it is a Smart TV you have, you can generally access most of the main streaming apps, but you would want to go into the apps store on your TV to see what is available. 

With that being said, I would be happy to see what promotions are available on our end to see what we can do to deduce your costs. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

2 years ago

@Cgrams There is a lot of free content in apps like Pluto TV, Tubi, XUMO and Freevee. And in your Prime video app if a prime member. But if you are looking to stream traditional network TV channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX), and others that are in your cable tv package, it can get expensive. You should look at the following services to compare prices and packages.

• YouTube TV
  • Hulu Plus Live TV
  • Sling TV
  • DirecTV Stream
  • FuboTV

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here