rlhiggi's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 19th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Cloud DVR recordings are glitchy

If I watch a recorded program via my local DVR, it plays fine.  If I watch the same recorded program via streaming (cloud DVR), I get pixilation, skips, frame freezes, and other glitches.  It doesn't matter what device I use (PC with Chrome, my iPhone, etc.)  I know that it is the recording that is compromised because the glitch always occurs in the same exact frame or frames every time I play it back. Do local DVR recordings get uploaded to the cloud DVR in real time?  Any ideas what would cause this issue? I've had my account refreshed and modem reprovisioned but nothing has changed.  New recordings have the same problems.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rlhiggi wrote:

If I watch a recorded program via my local DVR, it plays fine.  If I watch the same recorded program via streaming (cloud DVR), I get pixilation, skips, frame freezes, and other glitches.  It doesn't matter what device I use (PC with Chrome, my iPhone, etc.)  I know that it is the recording that is compromised because the glitch always occurs in the same exact frame or frames every time I play it back. Do local DVR recordings get uploaded to the cloud DVR in real time?  Any ideas what would cause this issue? I've had my account refreshed and modem reprovisioned but nothing has changed.  New recordings have the same problems.

no, the local DVR is not involved. This problem happened some years ago sporadically. haven't seen the issue lately on the forum. the cloud VR records independently from home DVR. the cloud DVR is at comcast's head end server farm in the sky. Back then the issue was overloaded cloud DVR servers and problems cleared in a day or two as load was automatically spread out or capacity increased. has this been an issue for 3 or more consecutuve days lately?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This issue has been present for months.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rlhiggi wrote:

This issue has been present for months.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @rlhiggi, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about your recordings playing glitchy. I can definitely see how frustrating and inconvenient that could be. I would be more than happy to assist you with further looking into this. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the response. I'll send the PM shortly

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having a similar issue was their a resolution?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@billmich88888 

[Edited: "Personal Information"]:

Hi There. Getting the same problem. Comcast ever fix it for you?

Bob [Edited: "Personal Information"]

This comment was created from this reply
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here