Tcalg's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

253 Messages

Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 12:36 AM

Closed

Chromecast Streaming is Not Working

Streaming to a Chromecast device from the Xfinity Stream website or from the Xfinity Stream app on an Android phone is NOT working.  The computer or phone will connect to the Chromecast, the Chromecast will display "Xfinity Stream Ready to cast", but the video never plays.  If you disconnect from the Chromecast, the video will play normally on the website or app.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

253 Messages

3 years ago

I have an update...

Chromecast seems to be working again.  I've tried casting from both a PC and an Android phone to a couple of different Chromecast devices, and other than one brief glitch, I've been able to cast several different live channels and on demand programs.

The video quality isn't great, but it works.

I'll keep an eye on this for a few more days, and mark it solved if it continues to work.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here. I can cast Netflix to both of my Chromecast devices but Xfinity Stream gets stuck on "Ready to Cast" and never actually connects. Was fine last week.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Here's the catch--Comcast is notorious for its tricks. It 'appears', they'll offer package deals (Internet+streaming TV) at an alluring rate. However, customer isn't aware [Chromcast] does NOT work (Ticket# SI051991684) with their streaming service. So, in order to boost revenue, Comcast shut off [Google's Chromcast] functionality on its Xfinity Stream app on purpose. Customers must order an X1 box (extra $11/mo.) to watch TV. Comcast wants to get rid of X1 box inventory in warehouses. Cha-ching! the more TVs in your house, the better to sell customers more X1 boxes!  Recommendation:  get your TV streaming services elsewhere.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

this is the first time I tried it, and that's what's happening to me. I hoped I was doing something wrong.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here. Trying to cast from an iPhone. Worked fine until yesterday 10/19

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here… worked fine yesterday…. doesn’t work today

Google Home Hub and Chromecast Ultra 4k display “xfinity stream Ready to cast” … 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Been having this problem off and on since I first got a Chromecast device a year ago but lately it's been happening more than ever. This month has been especially bad, in the last nearly 3 weeks I've been able to successfully cast a program ONE TIME, although I attempted to dozens of times. I do not understand why they are incapable of fixing this for so long. Never had a similar problem on any other streaming site.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @cherrypie777! I completely understand your frustrations. We appreciate you for sharing here on the Xfinity Community Forum. We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers’ ability to use Xfinity Stream with Chromecast. Please know that this is not an issue with our network; our network is functioning properly at this time. But there is a technical issue with the service provider which they expect to resolve this coming Monday. We’re monitoring the situation and appreciate your understanding.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityChe it’s Monday, is this fixed?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

It is not fixed.  Just tried it on my PC and phone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. Started 3 days ago. Agents via the assistance chat were clueless. Said it was the TV. I contacted TV support. I can cast other apps to the TV, Xfinity Stream is the problem. Please give us the resolution as soon as available. Quite frustrating and not acceptable in regards to service. Thank you

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hello, @user_c5b559, thank you for posting your comment and letting us know you are also experiencing an issue with casting from your Xfinity Stream app. We are aware a great part of our customer are experiencing this issue and our team is working diligently on getting this corrected as soon as possible. We understand your frustration and truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Xfinity Valerie-Please date your posts.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

having the same problem.  Seems this is a room to report issues with no real response from xfinity.  I will check back later.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same problem with 2 different versions of Chromecast dongles on 2 different televisions. Only think y that works is an ancient built-in Chromecast in my Toshiba TV

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

They told me they had no estimated time for repair and that we'd be credited money for the number of days we're out of service. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. The chrome cast through the app and xfinity stream website online tries to connect but never displays on the TV screen. The three dots continue to pop up and the chrome cast button says that the media has not been selected. I called the support team and we had exhausted all of their troubleshooting options. It has been escalated to their advanced support group.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Did anyone hear anything specific from xfinity?

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue. Have contacted Xfinity and they have no answer except to say they will refer my issue up the ladder. They don’t acknowledge it is a widespread issue. They question my devices but all other streaming apps cast without issue. No offer to compensate over $10 and no indication of any fixes on the horizon. Time to switch to a more reliable TV service. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I was having no problem streaming Xfinity programs from my ipad to my TV via Chromecast device.  Now i cannot.  It says its going to stream but nothing happens.  It worked perfectly until a few days ago.  I can stream other apps such as Netflix without problem.  A Xfinity person told me i should be able to and sent me a document.  When i click on how to stream to Chromecast, the document is missing.  They’ve changed something.  It’s so difficult, almost impossible to contact Xfinity, how will this ever get resolved.  ☹️

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning @user_905075 and thank you for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Stream app. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Are you experiencing an error messages as well?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

OMG xfinity person. Do you not read all the previous posts of everyone having the same issue? It seems some have had the issue ongoing since the first week of the month. Others like myself it happened the last few days. From reading many of these posts it affects the chromecast dongle and chromecast built in. It also seems to have affected different versions over time. But if you people read this stuff and talked to each other you would know that already.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA We were told on this forum that xfinity was aware and would resolve it today.  Was that promise inaccurate?  I also expected a credit on my bill for lack of sevice 8 days and counting.  Will it be resolved today as promised? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_2f8569, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name, full address, and username? We are aware of this issue impacting multiple accounts, the current solution is remotely troubleshooting the issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Just asinine to put the oneness on your customer when clearly this is an Xfinity app or network issue.  Just pure arrogance and lack of care for your customers.  You should be ashamed (and fired).

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity stream is not casting to chromecast. it is connecting because it say "xfinity stream ready to cast" and the app says that it is casting to "living room" but the show does not cast.  it just runs the 3 dots like it is trying to cast but it doesn't. When I click the cast icon, it says that it is casting but also says "Media not selected". so, I click done & the app just does not cast... the TV cast saying "xfinity stream ready to cast" times out and goes back to google... and the app times out.  

I did some trouble shooting that got to a place that confirms the Chromecast and app all had strong wifi... 

Every other app is casting to the Chromecast except xfinity. Netflix, Youtube, HBOMax, Prime.... everything but xfinity is casting. please advise. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled "ready to cast" does not cast xfinity to chromecast

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi all, 

We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers’ ability to use Xfinity Stream with Chromecast. Please know that this is not an issue with our network; our network is functioning properly at this time. But there is a technical issue with the service provider which they expected to be resolved by this Monday (October 25th). We’ve been monitoring the situation and appreciate your understanding.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here