U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 27th, 2024 11:00 AM

Chromecast of DVR No Sound

I subscribe to the DVR Xfinity service and have recorded and use Chromecast to cast (via WiFi) recorded content to an Android TV.  Sometime over the last week, something broke.  I can no longer hear sound on the TV.  The sound comes through fine when I watch the recorded shows on my phone's Xfinity app.  And the sound comes through fine when I Chromecast Live TV from my phone's Xfinity app.  I get no sound when I Chromecast DVR content to my TV.  I have the volume level on my phone and TV turned up.  I can also cast from my MacBook Pro after logging into my Xfinity account and browsing to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings.  I get no audio when Chromecasting DVR content to the TV using this method as well.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 day ago

When attempting to Chromecast DVR content to the TV from the Xfinity Stream app, I occasionally see the error message:  "There's a problem with your connection.  Make sure your Chromecast is connected to the Internet.  Once it's connected, you may resume this video.  (TVAPP-00125)".  At this point, the Xfinity Stream app on my phone displays: "Something went wrong.  Please try again"

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_9a95ee​ Playing around with settings I switched from my TV controlling sound to Chromecast. It worked. Why I don't know. I hadn't changed anything before. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 hours ago

I'm having the same problem.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 hours ago

I can view recordings with sound on laptop and phone. I can cast from my laptop to tv all live shows with sound. NO sound on any recordings that I cast to tv. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here