U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 9th, 2022 2:15 PM

Closed

Certain Shows on Paramount Plus Blocked Through Xfinity

I originally subscribed to Paramount Plus though Xfinity to watch Evil.  I could access the app with no problem, but when I wanted to watch that program, it said certain content was unable to be seen through Xfinity.  So I subscribed to Paramount Plus through Prime Video.  I can see the shows through my Samsung TV Prime Video app, but if I go through Xfinity Prime Video app to get to my Paramount Plus, it still blocks me from seeing that and other shows like 1883.  You may ask what's the problem?  First, it's a lot easier to just go to the Prime Video app on my Xfinity box.  Second, the Prime Video app on my tv doesn't work as well as the Xfinity's Prime Video app.  I have no idea why.  SO, is there ANY way to see my programs on Xfinity?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

Maybe due to some agreement they want you to watch those shows through OnDemand instead, which gives Comcast ad revenue...

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

518 Messages

3 years ago

Try unplugging your cable box for a minute and plug back in. See if that fixes. Which cable box do you have btw? 

You might also want to consider subscribing directly with Paramount+. After you cancel your subs with Xfinity and Amazon of course! Then you can login using their app on your Samsung TV or other devices you may have, and the web. Way better experience IMHO.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on the Community Forum. Are you getting an error message when attempting to view these shows? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityTravis

no!  my other subscriptions through Prime Video play on new xfinity box.  Why is xfinity blocking shows in Paramount plus?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here