U

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 1:42 AM

Closed

C.C.

I am watching xfinity streaming via downloaded xfinity streaming app on my TV. Closed caption show on screen when watching xfinity but not while watching other streaming services. I am connected via wifi (Comcast modem). Cc is turned off in the options but still show on screen. What do I have to do to get them off my TV screen?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hi @user_yjhrmc. I appreciate you reaching out and creating a new post. Besides the current hiccups, I hope all has been well on your end. I understand that you've disabled Closed Captioning, but it still shows up on the Stream App. You stated that this doesn't happen with other apps/streaming platforms, so It helps us narrow things down. Have you tried logging in and out of the app to see if this helps refresh the CC options? At times, it can also help to uninstall and then install the app again. This helps clear up any errors that could be causing this issue. Please keep me updated with any changes.

8 Messages

I have tried - deleting and reinstalling the App, power tv on/off all with no effect - cc is always on

1 Message

I am having the same issue on my Samsung tv. Only application that is impacted is xfinity stream. During play, I can select CC and uncheck and cc goes away.  IF exit the xfinity stream app, the next time i enter the app, cv is on by default. Version 2.1.1 is installed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_6bn766. If you are still experiencing that closed captioning issue on the stream app you may need to try to uninstall and reinstall that app to see if that clears up that problem. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

I have done that many times.   There appears to be not option to turn that feature off

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here