U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 11th, 2023 9:38 PM

Closed

CBS steaming app not working with Xfinity stream

I enter Xfinity as my cable provider with my username and pw, it recognizes it and says I'm ready to stream. Then when I attempt to watch a live show I get an error message stating that my TV provider is not currently supported. Have tried removing and reinstalling the CBS app to no avail. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_b66258. Thank you for reaching out about the issues you're seeing with the CS app. Are you able to access CBS content through the Xfinity Stream app or are you also getting errors for CBS content there? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity Stream message states that CBS content can only be accessed on the Xfinity home wifi network. ABC gets the same message on Stream but I am able to access ABC content via the ABC app through my Firestick.

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Gotcha! Thank you for clarfying! In regard to the CBS app issue, have you reached out to them? Also, for the Xfinity stream app, are you connected to your in home Wi-Fi? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@CCAlicia​ I'm getting a similar error re: in-home wi-fi when I try to get CBS on the xfinity stream app on an IPhone or PC. CBS works fine on TVs with boxes. CBS app also works OK, but what a pain. How do I know if I am connected to the in-home wifi? Is there a NON-in-home wifi that I'm using somehow? Basic internet connectivity works. I'm on it now.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_af8658 Thank you for your response. Are you seeing an error when you try watching content using the CBS App? The CBS App should work for you whether you are using your in-home WiFi or if you are away from home based on what we are seeing. There is a contact support number for the CBS App that we can provide to you if necessary. Our resources for their app are fairly limited since we can only troubleshoot your internet connection or any of your other Xfinity Residential services but we'll still do our best to assist you in any way we can.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here