thepostamn's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2023 11:24 AM

Closed

Casting to a Roku TV with Xfinity Stream installed

Am I able to cast from a tablet (with Xfinity Stream installed) to a Roku TV that has Xfinity Stream installed? I know I could simply watch the programs on the TV, but was curious why there is no option for casting to this TV on my tablet.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out to us via our forums, @thepostamn. That is a great question. You are able to cast to TVs however, it is only available to cast through Chromecast or certain devices that have Google casting available. 

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Okay makes sense now. I am able to cast to a Vizio TV with SmartCast installed, but not to my TCL Roku TV without ChromeCast installed. Turns out, Vizio SmartCast is compatible with ChromeCast, and will accept casting from Xfinity. Has nothing to do with the fact that the Roku TV has Xfinity Stream installed. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for sharing your updated information with us, @thepostamn. I hope everything was simple, easy, and awesome! Please remember that our Digital Care Team is available at any time, day or night, to answer any questions or concerns regarding your account. I hope you have a wonderful day, and please stay safe and healthy! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here