U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 12:57 AM

Cast button window force closing

When I want to Chromecast to my Sony TV from the Xfinity Stream App (7.15.1.2686) on my iPad Air (IOS 17.4), I traditionally just press the cast button and select the device from the list. This evening for some reason, the cast window that opens immediately closes as if being forced closed. No time to even read the options, let alone select one (or even Airplay). Please help!

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_ae947e. If you are still having issues with that streaming service I will be happy to look into that for you from here. Please send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

2 months ago

Same happens to me from the same device since yesterday, cast button keeps closing.  I am able to cast from the iphone ...  but would like the ipad issue fixed.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Ditto.  Thanks for posting this.  Other streaming services work fine.  Restarted, reloaded, and reconfigured everything in the chain with no success in fixing this glitch.   Instinct and similar past experience suggests that Comcast coders and quality assurance functions are struggling to keep up.  

4 Messages

I accidentally found a work around,  I now have to turn the Ipad vertically and when I click the cast button, the drop down menu is available and I can now select the room I  would like to cast to.  This seems to be a device orientation issue for me anyway.  possibly a code issue?   If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome. 

(edited)

1 Message

wow! This has been bugging me for quite a while. Can confirm the workaround works on iPad mini 6 too. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

Did anyone get a solution to this?  I really don't want to go through 15 layers of customer service for an hour if there is a general solution.

4 Messages

I accidentally found a work around,  I now have to turn the Ipad vertically and when I click the cast button, the drop down menu is available and I can now select the room I  would like to cast to.  This seems to be a device orientation issue for me anyway.  possibly a code issue?   If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome.

(edited)

3 Messages

This solution did not work for me.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This solution did work for me.  Reorient the device to vertical.  Thank you!

3 Messages

28 days ago

I am having same issue. Very frustrated. Have reached out to Comcast several times for help and no one can assist. Considering canceling and moving to new provider.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here