U

Friday, August 4th, 2023 2:26 PM

Closed

Can’t watch local TV on Xfinity Stream

I have an Amazon Fire TV at my vacation home. When I try to watch a local Boston channel on Xfinity Stream it says “Connect to in-home Wifi to watch”. The TV is connected to the Wifi network in this home.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 year ago

@user_b551a2 Is your Stream app part of your subscription at another location? If so the in-home Wi-Fi you would need to be connected to is your Xfinity internet at your home where you have the services. While you can use the Stream app on mobile devices and can access some content while not on your in home Wi-Fi, some channels and content will not be available when you aren't there. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I get a similar message and I am at home.  It mostly effects the local CBS and FOX channels.  I had this problem earlier in November 2023, it went away and now I have the same problem again.  I missed some important football games and I am so frustrated I am about to dump Xfinity in favor of some other service provider.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Joebob45 Good morning, and thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team! I know it can be frustrating when you are trying to enjoy your services, and they aren't working properly. I'm happy to assist you in getting this squared away today. Before we begin, can you please share any troubleshooting steps you have already tried? This way we don't repeat the same steps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Tried all the usual steps, power down-power up router, restarted FireStick, cleared caches.  None of this worked.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@Joebob45 I am sorry to hear you are having issues with watching your channels. Are you getting the same error stating to be connected to the home network?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same problem.  I AM at home and I AM on my home wifi network.   I have rebooted both the Gateway and my computer (several times) I even sent a refresh to my X1 box.  Still the same problem.   I like the RI Channel 10 news because it is more local to me than the Boston Channel 10.  I can't get it all.  And how stupid is this, I can't even get Wheel of Fortune unless I scroll around and find another station to watch it on.  What's the deal with this?   I am frustrated as well and wish I COULD dump xfinity but there is no competition in the sticks where I'm at.  It's either xfinity or nothing.  Please help!

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

@blcroteau Thanks so much for reaching out to us here today! You can find a list of channels you can stream while not connected to your home network here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-go-live-streaming-networks. 

1 Message

I’m also experiencing the same problem. I am at my service address on my service Wi-Fi but still being told that I need to connect to my service Wi-Fi to watch the channel.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_xjn70t! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issues issues with your Xfinity Stream app, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Can you tell me a little more about what's happening? Are you seeing this issue with the same channel on multiple devices (TV, Smartphone, Computer, etc.), or is it limited to a specific device? Have you gone through any of these troubleshooting steps? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I am having same problem. Only thing I can get on x stream are to go channels. I am on home network and even hard wired on one.  Same on all. Tv,phone,computer. Everything else is working fine

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @PAt4067. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Are you getting the same error message “Connect to in-home Wi-Fi to watch”? Or is it just the lineup defaulting to the go channels?  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here