b12's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 6:49 PM

Closed

CAN'T VIEW XFINITY STREAM LISTINGS ON PC ANYMORE (10-23)

You know you can view or choose to record Xfinity cable channels from your PC by going to www.xfinity.com/stream/listings.
Starting around October 20th,2023 the page will not load the guide past a certain point (Image below). After going as high as Xfinity Corporate, they tell me that they THINK I have to use Google Chrome. I don't have Chrome, and I don't believe their hunch is correct. I have been able to view and use the listings guide for a couple of years with no trouble using Firefox. Is anybody else having problems?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @b12. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the Xfinity Stream issues. You should be able to access the Xfinity Stream Portal through Microsoft Edge, Chrome or Firefox. Have you attempted to clear cache in your web browser settings? Also, for troubleshooting purposes can you attempt a different browser to see if we can duplicate the issue?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ .... Hi Gabby. I found the issue that was preventing my computer, wife, and neighbors computer from accessing the Xfinity Stream Portal. As you probably know, the browsers that you mentioned have many free extensions available to enhance both the appearance of your browser and functionality. After restarting Firefox into safe mode (disabling all 6 extensions I'm using) on my Windows 10 computer, xfinity.com/stream/listings was able to load. Then narrowing down which one was the culprit, (Adbock Plus) I simply disabled it for that particular page. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! YAY!!!

I did the same on the other 2 computers mentioned. The big question though is why this extension suddenly saw the guide grid as some sort of ad, and prevented it from loading. All 3 of us have been using Adblock for years. I have not updated this extension for a couple of months, and the problem with it started about 1-2 weeks ago. Maybe Xfinity re-coded the portal for some reason very recently.

Thank You so much for checking in on my post. Please feel free to either leave it up for any other readers experiencing the same problem, or feel free to delete it. Namaste.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

That's so good to hear! 🙌 Glad you were able to pinpoint the issue, the post will still be available in the event anyone else runs into the same issue as yourself. Thanks for coming back and reporting the resolution for this. If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to message us. Our team is available from 6 AM - 12 AM EST, 7 days a week. Thanks for being part of the Xfinity family and enjoy the rest of your weekend. ❤️

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ Thanks Gabby. You too. Cheers!!!!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here