U

Friday, January 12th, 2024 3:47 AM

can't view recordings in my library

When I first downloaded the app, I was able to record shows and view my recordings and scheduled recordings in My Library. But within a few days, I was no longer able to view upcoming/scheduled recordings or see any of my recorded shows. There's a slight workaround to search for the show specifically and then I could see recordings there, but only for shows where I had set up recordings - it didn't work for movies. I tried to contact support and spent 2.5 hours texting/troubleshooting, only to get a guarantee that it would be fixed within the next hour and the customer service rep would personally call me in an hour to confirm it's all working as it should. I never got that call and it's still not working 2 weeks later. I've tried to sign out and back in, delete the app and redownload it, and to reset the app/clear all settings. None of these options have worked. I have logged into the app on my phone, and into xfinity on my laptop and both show my recordings there. So now I'm casting the recording from my laptop to my tv which seems ridiculous instead of just using the app on tv! Any help/advice is much appreciated as I'm getting quite frustrated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @user_130aos. Thanks for reaching our teams on forums regarding the recordings. Are you experiencing this issue on the Xfinity Stream app or on the X1? 

1 Message

4 months ago

Similar ISSUE with a little different twist - Since Thursday, January 11, 2024, when my dvr plan was inadvertently changed from 150+ viewing hours to 20 viewing hours, I have been unable to see all of my recorded shows on my iPAD OR my computer through Xfinity Stream app.  My DVR plan was changed back to 150+ hours but my previously recorded shows are no longer available on Xfinity Stream.  All the shows I recorded prior to thursday January 11 are available on the DVR, just not available thru Xfinity Stream.  I contacted support via text as well as called.  Spent 4 hours walking through all the "standard" questions and this issue still has not been fixed.  I was sent through tier 1 and tier 2 agents who were unable to fix the issue.  Both agents indicated the shows I previously recorded are only on my DVR box and not in the cloud so for some reason xfinity stream is not connecting to the DVR.  Additionally, I don't understand why comcast can't move the shows to the cloud if that is the only reason I can't see them.  The final result.....this issue was sent to engineering techs for resolution.  I was supposed to get a text from comcast letting me know when this issue was fixed but nothing to date.

This comment has been converted into a post

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I have the same issue since today 2/8/24. I also spent 3 hours troubleshooting and asking for supervisor and finally getting to tier 2 . She said it’s a known issue since June with Apple iOS and Xfinity compatibility. She created a ticket for engineers to send to Apple on how to fix.  We’ll see what happens in 3-5 days -if/when she said she would call me with steps to correct. I don’t understand why the tier 1 reps can’t be told there is an issue with Apple compatibility -would save rep and customer a lot of wasted time troubleshooting -like 3 hours .  Very frustrating on so many levels. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Has anyone had this issue resolved yet?

1 Message

I’ve just started having same problem: recent ever recordings not showing up on iPad xfinity streaming app. Tried deleting and reinstalled app, no joy.

Official Employee

• 

644 Messages

user_czzbnv I'd love to help. Are you still having this trouble? 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here