U

Friday, May 17th, 2024 2:18 PM

Can't use Xfinity Stream while at home using my hotspot

I am currently in an area where there's a major power outage due to recent storms.  I have power using my generator, but internet (Comcast) is down.  I connect my AppleTV to hotspot (AT&T) and try to use the Xfinity Stream app to watch the local news.  Nope can't do it.  Xfinity doesn't allow a user to watch local channels using a hotspot, while at home!  Comcast you need to open up and allow a valid subscribed user the option to use/stream the Xfinity app while connected to a user's phone hotspot!   The "On the Go" channels are not enough!  It may be time to switch to a streaming service that does allow the user to watch their entire channel lineup, regardless of what service they're using!

1 Message

2 months ago

I'm in an area with no power outages, but streaming to both my computer and phone hasn't worked in 3 days and my internet upload speed has dropped by over 95%. The Xfinity chatbot says that everything is fine on its end, but I don't believe a word of it.  Oh yes, and my cable rates just went up again - paying just south of $300 a month now for horrid service. It's time for someone from Comcast to address the massive issues here.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 months ago

user_dyr63k We hope that you stayed safe during the recent severe weather. Our crews continue to make repairs to our network as affected areas are declared safe and power is restored. Even if your home has power, the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood may not. We appreciate your patience and are working as quickly as we can get your services back up and running. To help everyone stay connected, Xfinity WiFi Hotspots remain open to the public. Get more information here: 
https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/

Also please note that Xfinity Stream is available on:

Web: Windows and MacOS at xfinity.com/stream
Available on Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers
Mobile: iOS and Android devices
TVs:
Xumo Stream Box from Xfinity
Xfinity Flex streaming TV Boxes
Amazon Fire TV
Cast to any TV capable of Google Chromecast or Apple Airplay
Apple TV*
LG TV*
Roku*
Samsung Smart TV*
Xumo TV*

*Available in-home only to Xfinity TV customers with internet. Devices not eligible to stream NOW TV content.

You can learn more about these system requirements here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here