U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023 7:25 AM

Closed

Can't stream live TV shows

I am new to Xfinity Stream. Do I need an Xfinity Wifi to use Xfinity Stream on a a Samsung smart TV? I downloaded and installed the Xfinity Stream App on my 2020 Samsung TV and got it activated but I can't stream any live TV. I always get an error: tvapp 00101. I have an Xfinity TV  account but not a wifi account. Help!!!

Official Solution

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

1 year ago

@user_95b019

Thank you for joining our amazing community. Here you can find answers to your questions or comments from Experts, employees, our Digital Care Team, and users like yourself. 

The Xfinity Stream app is available to all customers who subscribe to Xfinity
TV. However, customers not subscribed to Xfinity Internet will only have access
to TV apps and website content (Xfinity TV Go channels), which is a reduced
subset vs. the customer’s full lineup.

When you are getting this error are you trying to watch a channel that is not part of the TVGo section? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDannyB​ ,

Thanks for the response. I can't even watch a network channel without getting an error message. The network channels would be included  in the TVGO section wouldn't it?

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

That's frustrating, @user_95b019 ! Let's look into this further for you. Can you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and the address?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (top right corner)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Messaged as requested.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I just spoke win an xfinity backend person and she said I need an xfinity wifi account for xfinity stream to wotk on my samsung tv. She said, it needs a lot of data. I have no limit to my internet data.  I am confused, what is really the requirement? I said I did not have xfinity wifi since the beginning.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here