U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 24th, 2023 11:34 PM

Closed

Can't return downloaded movies to DVR from out of date xfinity app

I have an Amazon Fire 10 tablet using version 5.7 software.  My tablet will no longer update to newer software due to age.  As a result, the Xfinity stream app is no longer supported.  I have movies downloaded to the tablet that I can't get access to in order to return them to the DVR because the Xfinity app constantly wants to try to do an app update that won't finish.  Any suggestions on how to clear the data back to the DVR?

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

1 year ago

@user_9039f3 Thank you for bringing this question to the Xfinity Community Forums regarding the download of Cloud DVR programming to a device that is no longer supported by the Xfinity Stream app. Per our article on downloading DVR recordings to your personal devices "Downloaded cloud-based DVR recordings and On Demand programs are automatically returned to the cloud after 30 days or when you remove a download device from your household account."

How long ago were these recordings downloaded to the tablet, and have you attempted to remove the device from your household account?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

The downloads were done about a week ago.  I have not yet tried the account removal method since I wanted to get input from you before I started removing devices.  I was trying to avoid getting parts of the system out of sync with others and wouldn't be able to correct it.  I will try the account removal method instead of waiting for the 30 days.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_9039f3 Of course! Please let us know if the device removal is unsuccessful for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here