Exxeter's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, December 31st, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Can't get local live TV channels of Stream app via Amazon Firestick

I've been trying the Stream app (beta) on an Amazon Firestick and the live TV local channels were all working fine.  This morning, the only channels available were an assortment of GoTV ones.

Suspecting the app was now limiting access to only service for which I was paying, I added basic 10 to my account.  However, I still cannot get the local channels.  I feel like I've just signed up for something I'm not getting.  What gives?  I'm located in Albuquerque, NM, if that matters.

EDIT:  Problem was resolved.  Amazingly, I managed to get to a live chat with someone at Xfinity to get things resolved.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Furhter information:

On my computer , I can find a listing of my local channels, but they are labled GoTV and when I try to access them, I am told my account needs an upgrade.

Although I have confirmation of the upgrade, when I go to my account, it shows internet only and lists my next payment date with the old amount due.  How long does it take to make the changes???

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem. What was your solution?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. I'll try the same thing.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I used their chat system (the human one, not the robot with canned answers).  After I described the problem, he sent some kind of reset signal and had me uninstall and reinstall the app.  That solved the problem.  Xfinity's app for the amazon Fire TV platform (firestick, Cube, etc., is still listed as beta.  When I first tried it, I was able to stream all channels.  I knew that couldn't last, since I wasn't paying for that service.  When he did the reset, I wound up with those that I was paying for.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here