U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 2nd, 2022 7:42 PM

Closed

Can’t change channel on Xfinity stream on my samsung tv.

If I am watching something on Xfinity stream on my Samsung tv, if I decide to go to to another channel and press guide it automatically goes to Samsung TV guide. And live tv choice never shows up to select and get Xfinity guide. Infuriating. Only time I am able to get live tv is if I erase app and then re download and then shows once and then is gone again and stuck on channel 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 years ago

... I decide to go to to another channel and press guide ...

In https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/missing-mini-guide/62db365d6f170a2f7efb365b?commentId=62dddb1c6a3f856065f6d062&replyId=62de6d416f170a2f7efb5a2e employee @XfinityEva wrote:

... Depending upon the amount of RAM in the TV (2GB or less), the MiniGuide feature was removed to improve performance and overall experience with the app. 

Unfortunately the employee did not indicate how to tell how much RAM memory a TV has.

Without the Mini Guide, to change the channel you have to [Return] to the first Stream screen ("Now Playing"), select "Live TV", and scroll to the channel you want to watch. "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings" are also options on that screen.

You would think that Comcast would have programed its app to respond to the Guide button on the Samsung remote, but apparently they have not.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

2 years ago

@user_1bff6e Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forums. I am so sorry to hear about these issues you are experiencing, and I would be more than happy to help in any way I can! We do have a few troubleshooting steps that we can try. There are actually certain model Samsung TV's that the Xfinity Stream App no longer works with, so are you able to confirm the make and model of your Samsung TV? You can learn more about the specific Samsung TV's that no longer support the stream app here https://comca.st/3KLLfwF;

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityChristopher​ why doesn’t it work with Samsung tvs that are only a few years old? Seems like an xfinity problem and an easy way to lose customers like me. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityChristopher : The short link you posted is broken. Were you trying for https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs? If so, note that the page does not indicate which Samsung models support the Mini Guide, only which model years support the (formerly "Beta") Stream App for Partner Devices.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

My apology, @BruceW. Please try this link: Activate the Xfinity Stream App on LG and Samsung Smart TVs - Xfinity Support. Let me know if this one works. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 years ago

... Please try this link: ...

I already posted that link. What's the point of of posting a shortlink to something I've already posted??? And what's the point of drawing my attention to that shortlink???

Your time would have been better spent correcting the still faulty link that @XfinityChristopher posted. It was broken when posted, and it's still broken.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity is just looking for ways to make you rent multiple extra cable boxes. There’s no reason an app shouldn’t work on a smart tv that’s 4 years old. I’m switching to Verizon where this is not an issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here