U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, January 23rd, 2023 8:48 PM

Closed

Can’t Access Xfinity Stream With Older IPad IOS 12.5.6

I have an older IPad with IOS 12.5.6 which cannot be upgraded to newer IOS software. I can no longer access Xfinity Stream because it keeps asking me to upgrade the app to a version which is incompatible with my older IOS Software. I tried the solution of deleting the Xfinity Stream app and installing the latest compatible version but that only worked for that session; subsequent sessions then asked to upgrade. I tried going through the Safari browser but same issue. I find this very frustrating since I don’t want to purchase a new iPad every time a new software version comes out. All my other streaming apps work except Xfinity. Anyone have a real world permanent solution other than upgrading my iPad? This doesn’t seem like a huge problem to fix however I am not a software engineer,

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there! I do understand your frustration with not being able to watch the Stream App on your current device. I am sorry for the frustrations and inconvenience this has caused. However, in order to stream and use the Xfinity Stream App your device must be running iOS 13.0 or later. Sadly, there is no way around this. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

This does not make me a happy client. Why can other streaming apps build in backward operating software compatibility and not Xfinity. I am paying for a service which I cannot use. Am I going to be forced into upgrading my iPad every few years?

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

I am sorry for this experience truly. You can visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements to learn about our Xfinity Stream App requirements. We do always look to enhance our products and apps, to make it a better experience. Hopefully this can be added in the future. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

In other words....like most things from Xfinity there is ZERO they will do about it. Nor do they even care. They expect people to pay outrageous monthly fees and yet won't do a thing to help people ACCESS their recordings and shows. Not only from older mobile devices but even from the PS4/PS5. There is still NO ACCESS to the app on these devices. You can't even access from the browser on your mobile OR the PS4/PS5. You think with ALL Of this technology Xfinity could do it. And they COULD if they wanted to. But it's obvious they just choose not to and they just do not care. Maybe it's time we all find a new way and take our money elsewhere. $230 a month for a service where people can't even access is just not really worth it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here