U

Monday, October 16th, 2023 5:24 PM

Closed

Can't access all channels on Xfinity stream app even though I on my in home wifi

I am using the Xfinity stream app on my Mac laptop but I can only see togo channels even though I am on my in home wifi which is also serviced by Xfinity. Have tried different browsers but no change. Any ideas what is going on???

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_hqjwrw, that is great work! Good on you for figuring that out. Is it okay if we mark this as a solution?  A VPN would absolutely cause that to happen. 

3 Messages

Of course. No problem

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

Thank you! Please don't hesitate to create a new post if you need anything in the future! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_hqjwrw, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support! A good place to start would be to force-stop the app, restart it, and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't work, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. If neither works, let us know, and we can run through some troubleshooting steps with you. 

3 Messages

Thanks but I figured it out. The issue is that VPN disrupts the apps ability to see you as on your in-home wi-fi even if you are. When I turn off the VPN on which I work the streaming app can recognize me as being at home and on my own wi-fi. I kept digging and digging and digging on your website to find the answer. Really would be useful to create an article that explains that. When I sorted it out, it makes perfect sense but should have been more prominent. Noted that it was not even something that you suggested that I check on.  

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here