U

Friday, August 23rd, 2024 5:27 PM

Cannot stream some channels on my tablet using the Xfinity Stream app.

When I try to stream CBS or PBS on my tablet using the xfinity stream app, I get a "Connect to in-home wifi to watch" message.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

22 days ago

Hello, @user_3zu0pv are you able to confirm the Stream App is connected to your In-home network when viewing those channels? When connected to your in-home Xfinity network, content is delivered as a cable service over Xfinity's managed IP network and includes your full live TV channel lineup and all of your Xfinity On Demand choices. Although 250+ live TV Go channels and tens of thousands of Xfinity On Demand movies and shows are available outside the home, certain content isn't available.

2 Messages

Yes, I am using the Xfinity Stream app on my iPad, connected to my home network. I didn't always have this problem. This is something new that Comcast has implemented.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_3zu0pv, Thanks for sharing these details. I would like to pull up the account to take a look at what's going on so we can get this fixed as quickly as possible. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

20 days ago

we are having the same issue with streaming.  in the boston market and the xfinity  site says that local channels should be available when you're not on home wifi.  contacted support 3xs and nobody has been able to help.  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-stream-local-broadcast-affiliates-out-of-home#:~:text=Note%3A%20If%20you're%20an,to%20livestream%20local%20broadcast%20affiliates.

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

Thanks for trying all the content, it is great to relax and sit back. Use the Go channel list to enjoy content out of the home. Consider it two lists in the app. One is the main one that shows everything, then there is also the Go section, that shows content outside the home network :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here