U

29 Messages

Friday, April 26th, 2024 3:52 PM

Cannot play old recordings - Error TVAPP-00381

All my old recordings from and older than August 2023 will not play, giving me this error:

Well that didn’t go as planned...

We’re having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program.

(Error TVAPP-00381)

I do not know exactly when this started, but I do know that in the first week of April I was able to play some of these same recordings without issue. I have many recordings from this time frame, so I know it is not just some specific ones. I was able to determine experimentally that the issue goes up to my August recordings; my recordings starting in September 2023 forward work fine.

I am posting this on the Stream website forum because that is what I primarily I use, but I did have a chance to test this on the DVR box and had the same issue with the same recordings. I also tried syncing the DVR, but that had no effect.

I have many many hours of recordings in this time frame, and some of these recordings I even set to retain for 1 year so that they would not be auto-deleted when space runs out. These are set to expire in early May, so I am extremely frustrated right now.

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

23 days ago

Hello @user_4c21d8, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the recordings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here