U

Friday, November 24th, 2023 11:43 PM

Closed

Cannot Find Xfinity Stream App on LG TV

We just purchased an LG 24LM530S-PU Smart TV for our kitchen to replace an old set. We picked this one because the Xfinity Support site showed that we would be able to add the Xfinity Stream app. I have followed the directions from that site, but cannot find the Xfinity Stream app in LG's app store. The only part of the guide that I "missed" was linking our LG account to the TV (since your link for how to do that only sends me to the LG product registration page - no linking option). Very disappointed, since we were hoping to have access to our main Xfinity box this way. What are we doing wrong?

2 Messages

11 months ago

After several times back-and-forth with LG support, and troubleshooting the steps they recommended, I ultimately got this response from them: "After carefully reviewing your TV model, we regret to inform you that the Xfinity Streaming app is not compatible with the 24LM530S." 
I am very disappointed. This is contrary to what both LG and Xfinity have published, which indicates that all LG models of smart TV's since 2018 are compatible with the Xfinity Stream app. Disappointing that my only solutions require me to either rent a device from Xfinity for $10/month or to purchase a streaming stick, both of which negate the benefits of buying a smart TV AND cost me more money. Definitely an error on Xfinity's support site. And no response here from Xfinity as of yet regarding their error.

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

@user_jmj5qm Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here