Gvincent8's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 5:14 AM

Closed

Cannot cast xfinity stream , to chrome cast

I am no longer able to cast the stream app. When I select the cast icon, the available device window opens and the immediately closes. Have restarted everything and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no luck. No problem casting with other apps. Only xfinity fails. Used to work fine but no more.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

Gvincent8 are you able to let us know if you've tested the Xfinity Stream app and tried to cast using another device? What's the make and model of the device you're currently using? Definitely make sure that device has all the latest updates as well and reset the device. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am using a iPad. All apps and os up to date. This only happens with the Xfinity stream app. When I select the cast icon the dialog launches and immediately closes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gvincent8 are you able to test the Xfinity Stream app and cast using another device? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

the app does not even give me the option on the Pixel8 phone so .. no.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for the details Gvincent8, can you please do us a favor and attempt an update for the Xfinity Stream app? 

1. Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & device and then Manage.
  4. Tap the app you want to update.
    • Tip: Apps with an update available are labeled "Update available."
  5. Tap Update.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

I have the exact same issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue, user_20pkeh. Are these the steps you are taking to Chromecast Xfinity Stream? I would also check your device meets the eligibility criteria and that the Xfinity Stream App is up-to-date with the latest software version. Let us know if this helps! 

3 Messages

I have same issue. Everything up to date. Issue persists. Has been happening since stream app version 7.14, prior to this version, no issues.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

user_hwvhu3 Hi there! I would love to help.

If you are still having issues with that streaming service I will be happy to look into that for you from here. Please send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

iPad 10th gen. Stream app works great on the iPad but “Cast device” dialog opens and immediately closes. Cast fine from my IPhone XR. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Drewbdd Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum about this casting issue. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Make sure both the iPad and the casting device are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Ensure that you are logged into the Stream app on the iPad and not using a web browser.
3. Check if the Stream app has permission to find and connect to devices on your local network. Go to Settings > Privacy > Local Network and enable the toggle for the Stream app.
4. Force quit the Stream app on the iPad and restart it.
5. If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Stream app on the iPad.

I would start with uninstalling and reinstalling the Stream app on your iPad, which tends to fix most issues. Please let us know if the issue continues. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here